JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WA. state has already been making us pay tax on guns we have shipped in, and I hate it. I haven't done a transfer in since this began.
Now they want to tax everything we buy online, add in shipping and it will kill a lot of internet sales. More big brother!!!
I vote NO.

WA. state has already been making us pay tax on guns we have shipped in, and I hate it. I haven't done a transfer in since this began.
Now they want to tax everything we buy online, add in shipping and it will kill a lot of internet sales. More big brother!!!
I vote NO.

This is not correct.

WA state has ALWAYS made us pay tax on ANY goods shipped into the state. There is very little way to enforce this law so they are cracking down on the places they can.

Here is the info on it, Use tax it is NOT just guns.

Oregon already does a fine job pissing away the taxes I already pay- I have no interest in giving them any more money. I would accept a sales tax- if Oregon gave up the oppressive income tax, but they just want to bleed the few of us that still have jobs as much as possible...

This is not correct.

WA state has ALWAYS made us pay tax on ANY goods shipped into the state. There is very little way to enforce this law so they are cracking down on the places they can.

Here is the info on it, Use tax it is NOT just guns.

No one collected that tax any more than the state is now collecting on other internet purchases, unless one is dumb enough to volunteer it

I order quite a bit of non-firearm stuff on a regular basis from Amazon and other online retailers. Basically because I can usually get it cheaper than the typical brick-n-mortar stores. I definitely say "NO" to this. Voted.

I guess my friends in Washington State will be using me to purchase their goods online since OR has no sales tax? Wonder if I should charge them a handling fee in beers? :s0155:

If we don't have a state sales tax why would that mean we'd pay any tax - I thought this applied to states that had sales taxes. At any rate, if it is the choice between a mom and pop business being somewhat competitive with mega on-line stores I'd go for it. Many small town businesses have closed or are struggling due to the Internet's advantage of bulk purchases and no sales tax.

Do you always do as you're told? I certainly don't.

I'm guessing you still have a couple toes left to count the times you've done as told.......in your life time

We are supposed to pay tax on our garage sale items, don't ya know
Not every gun store charges taxes on transfers

Just sayn'

Let me see, our current crop of politician can't manage the taxes they currently collect, the Oregon PERS is under funded and will haunt us forever... and they think they need a internet sales tax dollars to waste on some program to help whomever... Maybe more SNAP money so these folks can purchase more engery drinks, junk food or maybe we need to save the fairy shrimp...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top