JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If i buy a SBR from a private owner by through a Class 3 dealer, do I still have to do background check after ATF APPROVED Form 4?

I think I understand the process, please let me know if I am right:
First I buy the riffle from private or the manufacture with pay in full price. Then private seller or manufacture send the transfer form to ATF so the class 3 dealer can obtain the SBR riffle(from my research it usually take 5 to 6 month) to approve. Once atf approved the transfer form the Sbr riffle will able to transfer to my class 3 dealer.

Then once the class 3 dealer recieve the SBR riffle, they will give me all the info so I can send in my form 4. After 6 months to a year of waiting i recieve the tax stamp then I can go to the class 3 dealer to retrieve my item. At this time I have to do another background check to have my riffle?

Dang it, so techniclly it will take me a year at least to buy a Noveske SBR. If I buy a lower first then buy a upper will be shorter waiting time? But then I have to engrate my name on the lower once it become SBR? I cant leave the original engrave on it?

If you are just looking for a Noveske SBR, just buy one in state so there is no dealer to dealer transfer. Maybe just get a complete SBR from Noveske.

Noveske does not have a store up front. There is no class 3 dealer around GP till recently DOC HOLIDAY obtained their dealer license. If Noveske want to send the rifle to DH, DH have to wait for ATF approved transfer form.

Do you have to do background check on suppressor?

Yes. Here's how it works:

1. Buy the can from the class 3 dealer.

2. Send in the paperwork including the $200 check to the ATF.

3. Wait, wait, then wait some more.....

4. Dealer finally gets the approval paperwork back from the ATF.

5. Deal calls you to tell you to come on down and pick it up.

6. You go back to the dealer, do the Oregon background check, receive the can and the stamp, and do the happy dance 'cause the wait is finally over.

If you buy an NFA item in your name the FBI will do the background check as part of the form 4. If you use a trust or corp to buy an NFA item a background check will be done at the time of pick up using the Oregon state system.

Odd, I have (3) NFA items and never had to do a background check after the approved paperwork was returned.
Not sure who you all are working with....

Benny just toss out the cash and wait and wait and wait:s0114: Hope all is well down there:s0155:

Yup doing really good down here! How about you? Are you still in Saltwater fish? I gave all mine away since I have a kid, but thinking about getting new one to educate my kid chemistry in salt water. :) I just get involve into NFA stuff, so for I have 1 stamp for my SBR Uzi, a d I am waiting for my Draco Stamp come back. I submit in Oct 20 and Oct 23 they deposited my check. The Draco I submited it with my Trust that I created from my Quicken Willmaker :) so i am nervous to see if ATF approve. Once ATF approve I will go out but one suppressor a month :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top