JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you still go to gun shows?

• Yes I do! Whenever I can.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • Yes, but sporadically or only specific types of shows.

Votes: 34 24.3%
  • I haven't in a while. But I will get back to regular ones soon.

Votes: 19 13.6%
  • Nope. Total waste of time.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • Never been to one so, I guess not.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Um, eh (bromp!), what wuz duh ques'n again?

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
As much as I do still enjoy the occasional gun show, I have to agree.

I meant to include in my original comment that I do miss the fellowship. For me, gun shows weren't entirely about feeding an acquisitive nature. The ability to gather with mostly like-minded people is missed.

I meant to include in my original comment that I do miss the fellowship. For me, gun shows weren't entirely about feeding an acquisitive nature. The ability to gather with mostly like-minded people is missed.
Exactly! Attending a show isn't just about "finding a good deal". I enjoy the atmosphere and people, even if I don't buy anything.

I went to the Centralia GS last weekend. Didn't need/want anything. Just had to see how high the prices were. I wasn't disappointed. Firearms weren't too bad. If it was there, ammo was high. (Top Gun 12 gauge 1 1/8 oz #8 $25 a box) Reloading components too. Primers (Federal, all sizes $220/$230 per 1000)
One seller had 2 500 rd bricks of Peters 22 LR He wanted $220 each. :eek: It was an interesting walk in the park.

I went to the Centralia GS last weekend. Didn't need/want anything. Just had to see how high the prices were. I wasn't disappointed. Firearms weren't too bad. If it was there, ammo was high. (Top Gun 12 gauge 1 1/8 oz #8 $25 a box) Reloading components too. Primers (Federal, all sizes $220/$230 per 1000)
One seller had 2 500 rd bricks of Peters 22 LR He wanted $220 each. :eek: It was an interesting walk in the park.

One reason these guys are charging the prices they are is, IF they were to sell at a semi reasonable price, there are people that will buy them and turn right around and double/triple the price here at NWFA, or GunBroker, etc. I just bought some reasonable price powder. Just a few $$ over BiMart price previous to the "Rona" This gentleman gave up selling stuff some years ago because of the flippers. I'm under the impression now that our enemies are within the firearm's community. Those that pay the $100.00-$300.00 a brick for primers. Birds of a feather, and all that.

I'm looking forward to going back to gun shows again when they come back in this area, for the reasons previously mentioned, but I also realize that they're going to suck for a while.

It's going to be like flocks of vultures picking over the bones of vastly overpriced junk until some semblance of normalcy returns, if it ever does. I enjoy looking through tables full of old odds and ends for interesting old treasures, but even those are overpriced and picked clean in times like this.

I really can't blame the vendors for the prices either. Like Mike says, if one guy sells his wares at a reasonable price, the next guy over will snap it up and put it on his table for triple.

Maybe instead I should dig out all my old junk, and get my own table at the next show, to sell for triple.

I really can't blame the vendors for the prices either. Like Mike says, if one guy sells his wares at a reasonable price, the next guy over will snap it up and put it on his table for triple.

IF I were to sell something it would be to people I've already had dealings with. Or someone with a history here that I felt really needed some help with components for his new found passion.

Last show I went to about two months ago confirmed what I knew from the last three I went to- time waister. Over priced garbage. My main reasons for going is to either find something unique, or ammo cans. None of the above.

I do miss Triggercon though. Think that's worth the price of admission.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top