JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you still go to gun shows?

• Yes I do! Whenever I can.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • Yes, but sporadically or only specific types of shows.

Votes: 34 24.3%
  • I haven't in a while. But I will get back to regular ones soon.

Votes: 19 13.6%
  • Nope. Total waste of time.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • Never been to one so, I guess not.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Um, eh (bromp!), what wuz duh ques'n again?

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Used to go all the time with a couple of real good friends. We'd spend a bunch of time at the show, spend some bucks, then
head off to a good burger joint or something similar. We'd BS until we felt guilty for sitting in a booth for so long. A real good
day put away. Now, if I'm going stir crazy for some reason and I can find somebody, I'll go. Last gun show for me was the
spring show in Albany. Kick azz. Wish it was like it used to be. But then, I wish that about most things nowadays.

That sounds like an excellent time.

-Robert

I visit the best gun show on the planet nearly everyday:

I don't understand where the gun shows are. I desperately want to go to one. Been a couple years now.

Heck, I am also devastated that they canceled this year's car parts swap meet at the Portland Expo Center. I mean, jeez. 80% of it was outdoors anyway (when you count the PIR swap meet).

It is so lacking in common sense.

Three of the best Gunshow in the USA!

Tulsa, OK Manenmacher Arms show, April 10-11, 2021. Is the biggest Gunshow anywhere. Think all Portland expo buildings x 3. full of tables of guns, no shirts or other garbage. It used to be 4 days long before CCP virus and it took 2 full days just to see all the tables, you can see guns there that you only see in pictures or heard about.

Colorado gun collectors and the Reno Gunshow are both big, but not as big as Tulsa, but they have the most old western guns you'll ever see in one place, again not many booths with garbage, the prices on guns might be high on some and fair on other, but you still can find deals. That's where you can find lots of old (pre1889) guns.

The gunshows (pre CCP virus) around here are a joke and I understand why lots of ppl dislike them, but hey, one still can find deals and learn from others.

All gunshows are not created equal!
Don't treat them all the same!

See ya in Tulsa!

If the new administration is successful in banning or heavily taxing online sales of gun parts, firearms, ammo, etc, it may breathe a whole new life in to gun shows.

Last Edited:
I still go to a few. In Rosevlle, CA the Placer County Fairgrounds (they call it something else now), McClellan Park (used to be McClellan AFB), The Big Reno
(Grand Sierra once, Convention Center twice), Solano County. Still remember when I first moved to Sacramento, city used to have one in the downtown convention center. But after a few years, they said no gun shows. So it moved to Cal Expo State Fairgrounds. Used Bldgs A & B, their ground floors are connected.

I have rarely found a tidbit I needed, any firearm I might have wanted was two or three times what I would expect. Worn model 94 that I would expect to be less than $500 was $1500.. Cost of parking, crowds, not for me.

Yep. Every chance I get. I almost never buy anything because the prices suck but that's where I discovered the Proficient Marksman @oremike and where I bought my 1918 manufactured 1903. Mostly it's just nice to be around a bunch of pro 2A people. It's in the atmosphere and it feels good.

I've always wondered a bit whenever I hear a group of people broadly condemning something that other people enjoy.

When they say something is a stupid, pointless waste of time, do they just really mean to say that they personally don't enjoy it, or are they also condemning the many thousands of people who line up to participate in said event?

I expect that it's the former, but sometimes it's hard to tell.

there are no gun shows left that can compare with those i attended in 1970. i think it's about all the new laws. i had to borrow a hand truck to get all the five cent black tip out to the parking lot.

I would still go to a WAC show if I lived in the Seattle area, or was visiting there, but I don't so I won't.

Portland shows are now a waste of time IMO - at least the last three I have been to some years ago. I have not tried the other shows (Hillsboro, etc.).

Haven't been in few years. Not looking to buy anything so not going.
That said, for those new to firearms, they are great to go to, a lot of fun looking at all the guns. When I first moved here from Hawaii, I thought they were the greatest thing since white rice and went frequently and had a great time.

We always go to the Big Reno Gun show. Since we're down here in the south it's not much of a drive and we like to stay the weekend, make a trip of it and have fun. Never been to one that I didn't find some gem or great deal. Going again on the 19th. Can't wait to get away for the weekend after the last year and a half's craziness!

Gun shows helped reinforce my disdain for people and large groups in my younger, impressionable years.

Last one I can remember going to was the big one in P-hoe-nix in 2002-ish. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top