JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you still go to gun shows?

• Yes I do! Whenever I can.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • Yes, but sporadically or only specific types of shows.

Votes: 34 24.3%
  • I haven't in a while. But I will get back to regular ones soon.

Votes: 19 13.6%
  • Nope. Total waste of time.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • Never been to one so, I guess not.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Um, eh (bromp!), what wuz duh ques'n again?

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
there are no gun shows left that can compare with those i attended in 1970.

Yeah, well, there's no sex like there was in the '70s either. So sex sucks, and anyone who still likes it now is stoopid. :s0140:

About now I'd LOVE to go to a gun show at The Expo Center. Considering the lack of free open recreational opportunities for the last GD YEAR, wandering around the Expo with hundreds of like minded people and tons o' gun stuff would be great! Even at $13.00 a pop. But, I drew the line at $10.00 to park. The expoo will never see me again, because of that. Having to walk an extra half mile to and from the rail isn't going to happen either. I need the knee time for the show.

What gun shows? Any gun shows worth going to have been cancelled multiple times over the past 12 months.

It's like: Do you still go to the restaurant? Do you still go to the movie theater? Do you still go to concerts?

What gun shows? Any gun shows worth going to have been cancelled multiple times over the past 12 months.

It's like: Do you still go to the restaurant? Do you still go to the movie theater? Do you still go to concerts?

Need to leave the 3 blue West coast states to have any kind of life that resembles what it was before CCP virus started!

When they say something is a stupid, pointless waste of time, do they just really mean to say that they personally don't enjoy it, or are they also condemning the many thousands of people who line up to participate in said event?

I can only speak for myself, not others, but it is the former. I don't in any way, shape, or form think it is a bad thing got enjoy gun shows, nor hold any negative notion towards those that attend. In fact, in times past, I enjoyed them. Just not any more. And as time is extremely limited these days, I have to be careful where it is invested.

That's why in the original post it said "(I realize the pandemic has shut down many venues; I mean before then.) " :s0165:

I've been in a restaurant exactly three times since the RHTF. Twice was on Vaca down in Florence. The Beach Comber. "THE" hangout in Florence. It was too depressing. A fraction of the tables. Barstools gone. Poker machines with plexiglass between them (claustrophobia?). And cold, because the door needed to be open. I guess? Much nicer just staying home and cooking for ourselves. And, a week ago at an un-named place for a red beer and a burger that said screw-em. "Wear a mask if you want, or not, nothing we can do about it! " It was closest to normal as I've seen in a year.

That's above and beyond - I don't even know how that could be possible.
Oh, run out of one brand of primer (such as WInchester) that are a darker, yellow color and start using another brand that have a brighter, shiny appearance.

Heck I've done it myself but then I wan't selling ammo.

Somebody once posted about finding some name brand ammo that had mismatched primers.

[QUOTE="CountryGent, post: 2881955, member: 43816"

That's why in the original post it said "(I realize the pandemic has shut down many venues; I mean before then.) " :s0165:
[/QUOTE]

Missed that.
I had a few favorite vendors that were only at certain good shows. Other than that they aren't what they used to be. Besides that, I can get my beef jerky, cheap flashlights, and bad information online or at local shops instead. ;)

Anybody have experience with the Falcon Gun Shows?

I've been to the Big Top gun show which wasn't too impressive save for the massive display of concealed carry purses. But they just didn't have one in my color... :D

I see the Monroe WAC show this weekend is canceled. I wonder if they are still using those buildings for manufacturing PPE.

I would if they were like this:

6bhmh657bsn61.jpg

Oh, run out of one brand of primer (such as WInchester) that are a darker, yellow color and start using another brand that have a brighter, shiny appearance.

Heck I've done it myself but then I wan't selling ammo.
Oh sure. But I don't know how they mixed large and small in 45 ACP - I've never even seen 45 ACP that would accept small primers. I suppose it's been made probably. Then there would be the required changeover of the priming system to make it happen ... pretty astonishing. Almost unbelievable ...

I haven't been in probably 7-8 yrs. I think that gun shows in the NW are dieing. I that it's 40% because of UBCs, and 60% because people are becoming more savvy, and wising up to the overpriced vendors, who's only goal is to peel you for as much as possible. Pre internet, you'd go to a gun show and the price was the price. Most people didn't have much of a frame of reference and they'd pay it. Now you can price check nation wide instantly with your phone. Competition and free market should have driven gun show vendors prices down, but they've failed to adapt.

I've never even seen 45 ACP that would accept small primers.
I just loaded some the other day.

A 'required changeover' of the priming system takes minutes so if the person loading the ammo started with large primer brass, and transitioned to small primer brass its not a big deal. Kind of like changing calibers when reloading.

SPP .45 brass! Also a lot of aluminum .45 brass is SPP as well. A lot of it got loaded along with the brass!
IMG_2593[1].JPG

IMG_2593[1].JPG

Last Edited:
Several years back I flew to visit friends in AZ and we went to the Phoenix Gun Show.
There were areas with pallets of ammunition and a building with row and rows of every type of firearm you could think of. I should have brought a Semi. :s0023:
As it was I had to settle for anything I could bring home on a plane.:(

Now it's just the occasional local gun show, as most have turned into fashion boutiques and new gun sales @ retail + 10%. :(
Seems I'm usually only looking for a part.:s0092:

I just loaded some the other day.
I had to look it up after I posted. Apparently it's a lead free primer thing or somesuch. I know for rifles, sometimes small primers are used to improve consistency - I didn't see how that would be a practical concern w/ pistol, but conforming to laws is always a factor.

One more thing to look out for.

Gun shows in Wash. went on life support before Covid due to changes in state laws. Spontaneity in the "action" of buying and selling on the spot disappeared. After being a member of the WAC for 34 years, I let my membership lapse in January. I don't see the situation turning around in future. If anything, more laws at state and federal levels will make it worse. The smaller shows, like Big Top, are a joke. Plus in my case, life style changes have entered into the picture.

Gun shows in Wash. went on life support before Covid due to changes in state laws. Spontaneity in the "action" of buying and selling on the spot disappeared. After being a member of the WAC for 34 years, I let my membership lapse in January. I don't see the situation turning around in future. If anything, more laws at state and federal levels will make it worse. The smaller shows, like Big Top, are a joke. Plus in my case, life style changes have entered into the picture.
As much as I do still enjoy the occasional gun show, I have to agree.

The powers that be are doing their very best to kill off gun shows however they can. When I think back to some great shows in the past, I get a bit nostalgic, and realize how times have changed. I remember going to some amazing, huge shows in Portland around 20 years ago or so, maybe in the late '90s. Crates full of SKS rifles packed in cosmoline, $59 each. Pallets of surplus ammo for cheap. There were still outrageous prices on some things and greedy, unscrupulous dealers here and there, so not everything has changed.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads