Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Do you save the shells favorite from a good shot?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by sandman1212, Feb 28, 2012.

1. sandman1212

sandman1212 NW Oregon Active Member

Maybe it was the shell from your first deer, or your first bulls eye or some other great shot. Do you have a collection of shells? lets hear about it.

2. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Nope. Only reason I save brass is to give it to a friend that reloads.

3. Fumes

Fumes Wa. Active Member

My second deer, I made a mount with the rack out of some scrap oak and suede, then a month or so later I was eating a great burger I made and bit into a bullet fragment which I promptly cleaned off dabbed with super glue and stuck it to the oak under the one sided forked horn.:thumbup: And I do have the shell somewhere.

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I try to save every shell I reload. As to special shell casing being kept any lenght of time not that I remember.

5. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

No, just for reloading, but I do have the target from my first 5 round group under 1" at 100 yards. I think... Aw, it's around here somewhere. :)

6. hawmanai

hawmanai SW OR Member

Yes, casing from Son's first big game kill, a buffalo even. Was not able to recover bullet as it went through. Father-in-law has case and recovered bullet next to the mounted elk horns.

7. osprey

osprey NW WA Active Member

No casings but I have 5 or six bullets I have recovered from deer elk and moose.

8. wingspar

wingspar Oregon Member

My last good shot disappeared with the Tannerite it impacted. :woot:

9. Hardwood floor guy

Hardwood floor guy Beaverton Active Member

i dont save brass but i build my own fishing spinners so whenever i catch a nice salmon or steelhead on one i save it.
    sometimes the same spinner pattern just spins better than others so i like to refere to the one that kept getting hits.