JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a CRKT M16 from Bi-Mart decades ago, and still carry it. Less than $30.00, I'm sure. Great knife.

That was that until a real deal came up on a new Benchmade Infidel. That was "well" over $100.00.....but it's a really great knife..... :D

I like KNIVES, axes and 'hawks.

I LIKE this part of the forum - the knife section.

Have a nice Wednesday!

Old Lady Cate

Way back in the 80's I was at a gun show in San Jose. A dealer had the then brand new Cold Steel SRK. I think he wanted $40 for it and I only wanted to pay $30 so we were dickering and joking with each other in good fun and a small crowd gathered around us so finally I said I'll flip you for it Heads I pay 30, tails I pay 40. After making a big show of examining my coin, he agreed. We got ready to flip and a couple bystanders decided they wanted in on the deal, The coin is flipped by a third party and HEADS!! The dealer may not have gotten his full profit but he sold every SRK he had at the show right then. I still have that knife because of that fun memory. Since then, I have purchased many knives and have spent well over $100 too many times, but what can I say? I like Randalls.

Does this count?

Extremely sharp cutco cheese knife my mom bought from a door to door salesman (not $100)
The bill after going to the doctor and getting 4 stiches put in my index finger after cutting myself with said knife (more than $100).

In terms of purchasing an actual knife, at one point I bought the Kabar D2 which was about $100 or a little over, I sold it soon after because it was too darn heavy and there were comparable Ontario offerings for under $40.

I love knives so much, but I've never paid $100 or more for one. I only got DALSTRONG Chef Knife for $55, Can't really remember.
Welcome to the forum and to the KNIFE section!

I will look up this brand of knives.

Take care.

Cate

Way back in the 80's I was at a gun show in San Jose. A dealer had the then brand new Cold Steel SRK. I think he wanted $40 for it and I only wanted to pay $30 so we were dickering and joking with each other in good fun and a small crowd gathered around us so finally I said I'll flip you for it Heads I pay 30, tails I pay 40. After making a big show of examining my coin, he agreed. We got ready to flip and a couple bystanders decided they wanted in on the deal, The coin is flipped by a third party and HEADS!! The dealer may not have gotten his full profit but he sold every SRK he had at the show right then. I still have that knife because of that fun memory. Since then, I have purchased many knives and have spent well over $100 too many times, but what can I say? I like Randalls.
That is a cool story and thanks for sharing.

There was a poster that I knew on another forum many years ago and he had many RANDALL knives. He put up pictures of his knives and they were really PRETTY!

Take care.

Cate

The only knife I've paid more than $100 for it my ZT350TS

ZT350-VZGrips.jpg

P6180397.JPG

My Buck #110 didn't cost me a hundred dollars, but at the time it took a very large chunk out of a meager paycheck. Rode on my hip day and night for decades and served not only as a knife, but a multipurpose tool (brass pommels drifted many a gunsight, or knocked battery terminals loose). To not have it was as if a hand had been chopped off. As return on investment it saved me a hundred dollars a hundred times over.

My mother owned a '75 Maverick. The butterfly on the carb was chronically sticking closed, and so to get her going in a hurry, I'd pop the hood, pull the air cleaner lid, and shove the 110 into the throat to hold the butterfly open. In even more of a hurry and probably distracted, I threw the hood down on top of the ol' 110 still in the carb: Buck didn't survive. Maverick was "repaired" instantly and gave no more trouble (dimple in the hood, though, but Mom thought it was a fair trade).

I shipped my trusted companion back to the factory (then in California) pleading with them to resurrect it, explaining MY error and some of the sentimental history of it.

They sent me back a brand new one (WITH the customary bible verse that came with every Buck then: What happened to THAT?), AND the ol' buddy to boot.

As far as celebrity endorsements, Charlie Manson liked 'em too.

View attachment 976287

My Buck #110 didn't cost me a hundred dollars, but at the time it took a very large chunk out of a meager paycheck. Rode on my hip day and night for decades and served not only as a knife, but a multipurpose tool (brass pommels drifted many a gunsight, or knocked battery terminals loose). To not have it was as if a hand had been chopped off. As return on investment it saved me a hundred dollars a hundred times over.

My mother owned a '75 Maverick. The butterfly on the carb was chronically sticking closed, and so to get her going in a hurry, I'd pop the hood, pull the air cleaner lid, and shove the 110 into the throat to hold the butterfly open. In even more of a hurry and probably distracted, I threw the hood down on top of the ol' 110 still in the carb: Buck didn't survive. Maverick was "repaired" instantly and gave no more trouble (dimple in the hood, though, but Mom thought it was a fair trade).

I shipped my trusted companion back to the factory (then in California) pleading with them to resurrect it, explaining MY error and some of the sentimental history of it.

They sent me back a brand new one (WITH the customary bible verse that came with every Buck then: What happened to THAT?), AND the ol' buddy to boot.

As far as celebrity endorsements, Charlie Manson liked 'em too.
I've got a couple of those. I swapped carrying one on a duty rig for the lightweight version back in the day.
Speaking of returns, I sharpened an aluminum scaled Victorinox Pioneer so much it would no longer take an edge. It was quite malformed. Sent it in a long time ago saying as much and that it held sentimental value. They sent me a new one and also returned my old knife. Best knife ever.

My Murray Carter neck knife is my first over $100 and boy is it worth it. The man makes arguably some of the best knives in the world, and he is a very solid individual. He now makes some kitchen knives with spyderco if you need a cheaper version of his kitchen knives. His shop is local in Hillsboro I would suggest stopping in and checking his inventory out if you have a chance.

I own a grand total of three knives. The first one I bought was a small Chris Reeves Sebenza. The second was a Strider SnG. The third was a Ganzo Firebird FH41 for about $25. I still have all three and they all get carried. :)

First quality semi expensive knife I bought was 15 years ago from Bi-mart was the Kershaw Whirlwind. I still have it today and it has been a fantastic knife.
Most expensive knives are the 3 Kershaw autos I've bought over the years. Kershaw US made knives are of great quality for the price. All the knives I own get used but also are well taken care of. I'm the same way with firearms, it better serve a purpose or its gone. No safe queens.

I don't really recall but, probably was one during my time in the Navy or Army. You don't buy cheap if your life may depend on its use. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top