JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1) I'm mostly tired of all the guns shops having the same old garbage.

2) "Oh, we can order that for you!" I can order it myself, get it faster, and not have to deal with the possibility of you not ordering the item.

1) I'm mostly tired of all the guns shops having the same old garbage.

2) "Oh, we can order that for you!" I can order it myself, get it faster, and not have to deal with the possibility of you not ordering the item.

Having everything in stock requires some serious capital. Hard to have a huge variety when you could end up sitting on 20k for a month or two. And as much as everyone knocks having black rifles and blocks in stock, they are big sellers. Not to long time gun owners but, to the entry level people. I will agree Customer Service is a big deal for most gun owners. That's why I refuse to ever go back to BeaverCreek Armory.

Having everything in stock requires some serious capital. Hard to have a huge variety when you could end up sitting on 20k for a month or two.

Then why waste capital on the same garbage available at BiMart and every other gun store around?

And as much as everyone knocks having black rifles and blocks in stock, they are big sellers.

I love black rifles!

I hate gun stores. I used to spend $10,000 a year at NW Armory and haven't given them a dime in 2 years. The only Portland area gun store that I will even set foot in is The Gun Broker. I have no doubt that they could treat me like crap, they just never have. I'll take Bi-Mart, Cabela's or Sportsman's Warehouse over a small store any day.

I have never seen a $1,500 AR that functions as well as a $600 AK. Yet all the tactical pants-wearing employees of NWA or whatever store will all tell you the poodle shooter is better. That's enough to never return right there.

We have a place like that over here in the worst county in Oregon. Guy thinks he knows everything, and belittles everyone he can when they come in. Screwed me over on a gun deal and I haven't been back since. I bought two or three guns from him in the first two months he was open, but once he screwed me over that was it.

I have to get to the gun room, it sounds like a good time. I do love screwing with people that think they know everything, it's probably one of my favorite things to do.

Last Edited:
The new local Gunsmith was very much like you describe. I had such great hope for the shop until I figured out the only thing he knew anything about were Black guns.

Mark, I know this place you speak of. I went with my buddy in there just to look around since it's a new place, maybe walk out with some ammo or something. We were actually on our way to take the boys to the reservoir and stopped at the mart next door for some worms.

Honestly, those dudes can go F themselves. I really don't like playing the race card but there is no other explanation I can come up with for being ignored like that. The guy behind the counter saw us in the face as we walked in, didn't say a word and walked to the back with the "smith". We poked around for a couple minutes and walked out. I've been in elevators with more floor space than this shop so you can't say neither of the two guys saw us to ask if we needed help. I was going to say something to them but if I'm not worth their time, they are not worthy of my money.

Silverton is a small town and people are for the most part very friendly but there are the occasional dikheads. Very stupid way to run a business, I have many friends and family in Silverton/ Mt Angel who happen to be gun owners and hunters. So anytime that shop comes up in conversation (which is not often), guess what story they hear?

Yeah, we had one open up in our little town in between Montesano & McCleary (don't want to name em publicly). I was excited when it first opened, bought a new Stoeger 2000 & some cigars (a real = in my book). But after a few buys & wanting him to install a piston kit on the New Bushy, I was belittled because I didn't know what was involved or how to do it so audios amigo. I have no problem driving the 1/2 hour to Olympia to get better service & lower prices.
As a business owner (in any business) you treat customers with respect (until they disrespect your business then show em the door), help them along if need and if you don't have the answers, try to find them but don't lie to them.

I've had good experiences with Gun Broker, but not many others in the PDX area. One particular shop in Gladstone/Oak Grove came highly recommended, but when I went in for the first time (I needed to get some gunsmithing done and a friend recommended them), I encountered 2 guys behind the counter having a conversation with another customer - just chatting. I wasn't acknowledged when I came in the door and this isn't a big shop. I waited in line patiently for them to finish their conversation. Our eyes met more than once, so I know they knew I was there. Finally they ended their chat and I expected to be asked what I needed. Instead, one of the guys left to do something else and the guy left just stood there with his arms crossed looking around the room. He flat out ignored me. Eventually the other guy came back and actually asked me if I needed something. We talked about the gunsmithing and I left, disappointed. I see plenty of good reviews of this place, but also plenty of bad reviews. They are an AR shop and don't seem to be interested in talking about anything else. That type of attitude - the way I was ignored, lost any future business they may have earned from me. I have money to spend and I do spend it, in return I expect decent pricing and good customer service. If that means I have to do all my shopping online to avoid the snotty attitudes and let them go out of business, so be it. It's their business to lose. Sorry for the rant on your thread, it just p's me off every time I

The Gun Broker Clackamas is my favorite gun store. It's really the only one I will do business with. I always get recognition and respect in there, and they have gone out of their way to give me good customer service. The rest of them, like Keith's and the Gun Room can take a hike.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top