JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree that the law of diminishing return certain applies here, just like in most things. Some would argue that one must buy the best and the greatest because your life depends on it. For the few whose line of work demands that, it's true. for the rest of normal everyday guys, not so much. Just choose from a reputable maker that build quality products. But if you can't settle for nothing less than the best, then by all means go for it.

And people that throw their money at junk give me the same laugh. EX: Buddy who'll spend $$$ each month buying cheap junk parts and ends up spending alot more in the long run then had he just bought XYZ quality part up front. You get Name mark -up with anything, where the research matters is finding out which companies give you the QUALITY you pay for, without bending you over to stamp their name on your back-end
The last bit of your post was what i was stating. Do some research and yes there are companies out there who provide quality products at a lesser price. Gear queen elitists will swear up and down the extra money they shelled out was oh so worth it.. and yep I'm guilty of purchasing a lesser product, testing it and either had good results or moved onto something better. Very rarely have I purchased a product I have been incredibly disappointed with.
I do my homework play with the sample models and make my decisions from there. The point being, I can tell if its worth my time and money or not, without having to overpay and expect pure infallible excellence from an over inflated priced product with all the new fancy gizmos bells and whistles ..and don't forget that brand name tag that i can show off at the range to all my AR15.com buddies who think buying the "top of the line" products will make them a better shooter.

Seriously, how did all of you miss the humor of this thread being started (almost two years ago, no less) by someone with the screen name "Kimber Custom?"

I noted the irony at the outset, and considered that it was a loaded question submitted not for the benefit of the OP, but perhaps to parade a choice already made. Therefore, I tailored my response for those who might truthfully be seeking some pointers regarding the issue (hence my inclusion of Weaver as a darned good product without a "Rolls Royce" trademark).

Had the OP's moniker been "Jennings-Bryco Fanatic", my response may have been somewhat different.:cool:

Seriously, how did all of you miss the humor of this thread being started (almost two years ago, no less) by someone with the screen name "Kimber Custom?"

I had missed the irony but it makes me chuckle now that you say something.

A little history about my name; my EDC is a Kimber Custom, but that's not what I set out to buy. 15 years ago when I went into NW Armory to buy my first gun I picked up a reasonably priced <$600 Kimber Pro model. I liked the gun and decided to take it. As he was filling out the paperwork he realized that it was tagged wrong and the model I picked up was the Custom. He honored the price anyway. Made me a happy customer (bought three more guns, accessories and a few classes from them).

Great glass is always a joy to own. Being a good investment or getting what you pay for? The only rifle scopes i have never lost a cent on was Leupold. Without exception Leupold keeps them running and when I chose to sell them I have always got more than I payed for them. US Optic, Night Force, S&B, Swarovski.......... Always took a bit of a loss.

Smith & Wesson stainless revolvers have always been a good return for the investment for me. Take care of it for a few years and sell it for more than you paid.

Great glass is always a joy to own. Being a good investment or getting what you pay for? The only rifle scopes i have never lost a cent on was Leupold. Without exception Leupold keeps them running and when I chose to sell them I have always got more than I payed for them. US Optic, Night Force, S&B, Swarovski.......... Always took a bit of a loss.

Smith & Wesson stainless revolvers have always been a good return for the investment for me. Take care of it for a few years and sell it for more than you paid.

This Gentleman not only buys what he can take to the bank, his experience can be done with likewise.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top