JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
DOOD..... how have I never thought of this before?

I need to start a regional LIBERAL firearm owners board... education, representation... hellz yea

I have been quietly introducing new people to shooting for the past couple of years. Some of them were openly opposed to the very existence of guns, after taking them target shooting, and introducing them to the stewardship of shooting areas that me and my friends shoot at they not only enjoy shooting, but now own guns too.

For shooting to survive we really need to make it accessible to everyone, and keep keep politics, race, and religion out of it. Otherwise we're bubblegumed, and we'll only have ourselves to blame.

I have been quietly introducing new people to shooting for the past couple of years. Some of them were openly opposed to the very existence of guns, after taking them target shooting, and introducing them to the stewardship of shooting areas that me and my friends shoot at they not only enjoy shooting, but now own guns too.

For shooting to survive we really need to make it accessible to everyone, and keep keep politics, race, and religion out of it. Otherwise we're bubblegumed, and we'll only have ourselves to blame.

Well that really sounds good but the fact is politics runs your life. It will be a politicion that takes your shooting place from you first and your gun from you in the end. If you don't discuss it then you can't pool your resources to stop it. Your rights in everything depend on open discussion.

Well that really sounds good but the fact is politics runs your life. It will be a politicion that takes your shooting place from you first and your gun from you in the end. If you don't discuss it then you can't pool your resources to stop it. Your rights in everything depend on open discussion.

It would be much harder for the government to take those rights away if shooting had greater and more diverse public support. Segregating ourselves will not do us any favors, we need to be open and accessible to people from across the board.

Clinton is going to win votes purely because people will want a female president, Sanders is going to appeal to lots of angry out of work graduates and aging hippies, as well as the people who voted for Obama expecting the changes he promised that never happened.

A few weeks ago I saw a gay couple at a gun counter wanting to buy their first gun, they were checking out AR's! I'd never seen this before, meanwhile the clerk looked at them in disgust.

We need to invite these people in and show them that he shooting community is safe and responsible. Not full of racists and bigots.

DOOD..... how have I never thought of this before?

I need to start a regional LIBERAL firearm owners board... education, representation... hellz yea

Yep... Nothing like the smell of patchouli oil and burnt powder over a decaf soy latte :eek::D:eek::D
Vl8CqTV.png
:s0140: :s0140: :s0140: :s0140: :s0140: :s0140: :s0140: :s0140: :s0140:

I am pretty new here first gun group I am really involved on a regular basis other then a personal thing I do on my own where I live.

But really? People read the rules here when they join they know what they are I know I do and I know when I have to delete something I was gonna say. I am sure the Admins can see what I almost oooped. There are other sites that come and go, really if someone tries something and fails but was for the cause should we really act like antis and tear down people because of spelling and their own choices ? I mean isn't that what we all talk about is having the right to choose ? I do not know these members really you all speak of. I also do not know about past issues and do not want to know, but we are all adults and can read the rules.
I respect the fact that things are kept to a standard around here. At my house its my house my rules. Here this is Joe's house his rules, I think outta respect alone one should try and follow them.

On a lighter side I read bad grammar all day long in this forum and doesn't change how I look at the men and women behind the words. As long as I can see the heart behind it I could care less. And good grammar doesn't help you shoot straight, if you got my six and can't spell but can center a penny at 300yds well I made my point.

:) ok gonna look for a lighter topic :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be much harder for the government to take those rights away if shooting had greater and more diverse public support. Segregating ourselves will not do us any favors, we need to be open and accessible to people from across the board.

Clinton is going to win votes purely because people will want a female president, Sanders is going to appeal to lots of angry out of work graduates and aging hippies, as well as the people who voted for Obama expecting the changes he promised that never happened.

A few weeks ago I saw a gay couple at a gun counter wanting to buy their first gun, they were checking out AR's! I'd never seen this before, meanwhile the clerk looked at them in disgust.

We need to invite these people in and show them that he shooting community is safe and responsible. Not full of racists and bigots.

Actually, the gun community is already a pretty diverse group. Working recent hunter site-in events proved that again. It wasn't all old white guys and rednecks. There were young and old, men and women, white, black, Asian, native American. There may have been some gay folks too, but there was no public kissing, so I couldn't tell.

I know plenty of gun owners, and your implication that they are racists and bigots, is a bit insulting. It seems to follow the typical line that WE have to prove that we're not what THEY say we are. Why do we have to prove that? The main reason people see gun owners that way is because the anti-gun war machine portrays us that way. And people buy it. Gun owners would just prefer to be left alone, but we're targeted and talked down to, we're called names and have to fend off claims that we're all a bunch of cowboys just waiting for the next duel in the streets.

I'm all for teaching non-shooters how to shoot. I do it myself anytime the opportunity is afforded me. But I do it to help spread the word and bring new shooters in, not to prove to someone that I'm not a racist or a bigot.

How about they prove to us that they're not out to take our rights away. How about they prove to us that they don't think we're all a bunch of inbred hicks. How about putting the pressure on them to tell the truth about the literally tens of millions of law-abiding, tax-paying, friendly, welcoming gun owners.

Oh, and BTW, I know plenty of anti-gun folks that DO fall into the racist and bigoted crowd. You can find them everywhere, from every walk of life.

So, my recommendation is to stop worrying about what color, gender, race or sexual preference people are. It really doesn't need to be part of the discussion. On this forum there are really two groups to consider, those of us that are pro-gun, and those that are likely not on this forum, that are anti-gun. Anti-gun folks are out to take our rights away. We're here to try and protect those rights. Simple.

Actually, the gun community is already a pretty diverse group. Working recent hunter site-in events proved that again. It wasn't all old white guys and rednecks. There were young and old, men and women, white, black, Asian, native American. There may have been some gay folks too, but there was no public kissing, so I couldn't tell.

I know plenty of gun owners, and your implication that they are racists and bigots, is a bit insulting. It seems to follow the typical line that WE have to prove that we're not what THEY say we are. Why do we have to prove that? The main reason people see gun owners that way is because the anti-gun war machine portrays us that way. And people buy it. Gun owners would just prefer to be left alone, but we're targeted and talked down to, we're called names and have to fend off claims that we're all a bunch of cowboys just waiting for the next duel in the streets.

I'm all for teaching non-shooters how to shoot. I do it myself anytime the opportunity is afforded me. But I do it to help spread the word and bring new shooters in, not to prove to someone that I'm not a racist or a bigot.

How about they prove to us that they're not out to take our rights away. How about they prove to us that they don't think we're all a bunch of inbred hicks. How about putting the pressure on them to tell the truth about the literally tens of millions of law-abiding, tax-paying, friendly, welcoming gun owners.

Oh, and BTW, I know plenty of anti-gun folks that DO fall into the racist and bigoted crowd. You can find them everywhere, from every walk of life.

So, my recommendation is to stop worrying about what color, gender, race or sexual preference people are. It really doesn't need to be part of the discussion. On this forum there are really two groups to consider, those of us that are pro-gun, and those that are likely not on this forum, that are anti-gun. Anti-gun folks are out to take our rights away. We're here to try and protect those rights. Simple.

Post of the year ^^^:s0101:

For the reasons that the name sake of this thread seems to have been removed from the forum.

There is are elements using gun ownership as a grandstand for other ends. That's the bubblegum that sticks in peoples throats and the behaviour that is far too often assocciated with gun owners.

I'm glad you too introduce new people to shooting, and shoot with a more diverse crowd.

In all seriousness there are few things better than taking someone who was scared too death of firearms and letting em squeeze off a few rounds and seeing there face light up with excitement :)

But I like too keep the mood light.soooo

I love to strike up a convo with a stranger with the intro....Let me guess your a liberal :D :D I've gotten some pretty funny reponses :p LOL

I think a lot of people mistake gun ownership with being pro gun. You are pro gun not because you are responsible with the tool but because you are responsible with your rights and stand behind them with your vote.

Well, :D as a rock in the beans, just because someone buys a gun it doesn't automatically make him on the side of the good guys. Guy in Roseburg is a good example. People are arming themselves and the good old boy is teaching them to shoot but how many are looking into the character of the person they teach?

Gun owners can be their own worst enemies when they think teaching someone to use a gun will bring them around. Somebody taught that killer to run a gun and all ya'll should look real hard at those you teach.

Yes the majority out there are good people but we as a group should work together to weed out those who will misuse the right. we should be careful with the knowledge we give out too.

So anyway to protect our rights you should profile before we teach. Edited to add think about what you are doing, are you teaching gun safety or training a killer.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top