JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you own any stock in an American gun company?

• Yes, I sure do, and they are ....

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Eh, used to, not any more.

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Not directly.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Money makes the world go round ...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I owned shares in Smith and Wesson, Vista outdoors, Ruger and Olin Corp. Bought before the panic of '20, sold during. Could have made way more money, but I did ok I think. Saw that coming a mile away

Colt's Manufacturing and Engines, been a long time shareholder, many ups and down's but long term, it's been YUGELY profitable, basically every time the U.S Mil. orders a Ship, I get paid dividends which I usually flip into more shares, and there have been lots of ships on order of late!

I owned shares in Smith and Wesson, Vista outdoors, Ruger and Olin Corp. Bought before the panic of '20, sold during. Could have made way more money, but I did ok I think. Saw that coming a mile away
^^^^This.

Saw what was going to happen as Covid and riots started. Got in. About doubled money. Got out. Didn't bet the farm though.

Colt's Manufacturing and Engines, been a long time shareholder, many ups and down's but long term, it's been YUGELY profitable, basically every time the U.S Mil. orders a Ship, I get paid dividends which I usually flip into more shares, and there have been lots of ships on order of late!
What's the symbol on that? Is that an ADR now and do you have to pay foreign taxes?

What's the symbol on that? Is that an ADR now and do you have to pay foreign taxes?
They operate under the umbrella of F.M. but are an independent manufacture!

Our "Guy" bought us Sturm Ruger. Don't recall when. Year and a half ago maybe? I was happy to see it. Don't know what's with it currently, or if we have it anymore. I've been afraid to look at what has happened to our retirement thanks to the dimocraps. Thanks for nothing, dirt bags.

Nope.

Because of stuff like this......

Then, 3M.......yeah, some say it's "Uninvestable" at this point.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....update on 3M.

Last Edited:
Doing under 5 minutes of digging into a fund I discovered that indeed I do own part of a manufacturer. S&W to be precise. A fund I have has another company as a holding, and that other company holds S&W as an investment. Stopped when I found that, so there may be more!

In this day and age if you have money in any fund at all you often don't really know what you're holding. So we're all probably part owner of more gun companies than we know!

RE : Post#19

Well.......yup.

I don't LIKE TO count my Mutual Fund holdings. Because I have no control over that. And, the fund managers could buy and sell at almost any time......for The Lord only knows.....whatever reason(s).

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top