JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like all insurance, you only find out you need it when you need it. My stance is generally, if you can afford it and it helps you sleep better at night, it's probably worth it

I've been happy with Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
Masad Ayoob is one of our professional experts
It is run by Marty and Gila Hayes who own the Firearms Academy of Seattle

They presented to me the best support for my perceived need.

I've been happy with Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
Masad Ayoob is one of our professional experts
It is run by Marty and Gila Hayes who own the Firearms Academy of Seattle

They presented to me the best support for my perceived need.
I joined but cannot get any of the recommended attys to respond......

In that case I would do one of two things, contact Gila on the number we have as members and tell her what you have done, who you have spoken to and the lack of response.
The attorneys are part of the network and are there for a reason, if they do not want to "play ball" with the members, the people we pay for assistance should know they have attorneys looking for money but not willing to meet the members.

Second I'd find any attorney that would be willing to talk to you now about self defense support, just to have an initial point of contact "just in case" while you work out the particulars of the ones that are part of the group yet will not talk to its members.

- Mind you, they may just be busy also, I'm just spreading my brain droppings, and you're getting exactly what you payed for here... ;)

Keep in mind if you dont have one selected they wi recommend one if the need arised. I never contacted any... i should, but dont know what to look for or ask to determine who to select. My guess is any on their list is way more vetted than I could do on my own.
If you get ahold of one, Id be curious what you learned.

I do reccommend acldn, great group and love their monthly articles and blog lots to learn there.

I called USCCA today, asked if I was at work and I packed, if I used justified lethal force to protect myself, would I still be covered? they said.....NOPE! not when you are on the clock, specially since your employer doesn't allow weapons on campus/property etc.

So I asked the person to cancel my account... sad, I paid for many years and they just throw you under the bus. Oh well, better to know now then to actually be involved in a situation and find out the hard way.

USCCA and go F themselves as far as I am concerned, so be aware.

I called USCCA today, asked if I was at work and I packed, if I used justified lethal force to protect myself, would I still be covered? they said.....NOPE! not when you are on the clock, specially since your employer doesn't allow weapons on campus/property etc.

So I asked the person to cancel my account... sad, I paid for many years and they just throw you under the bus. Oh well, better to know now then to actually be involved in a situation and find out the hard way.

USCCA and go F themselves as far as I am concerned, so be aware.

Holy smokes, thats really good to know. Thank you for sharing this.
So glad now I went with ACLDN....

Holy smokes, thats really good to know. Thank you for sharing this.
So glad now I went with ACLDN....
Yeah I was shocked! I am now going to search and find another organization/company to do business with. I am just glad I finally contacted USCCA and found out the easy way.

I was a member for over 5 years, I though I was in good hands. But I guess that's insurance for you. Pay us and when you need us, F you!

Yeah I was shocked! I am now going to search and find another organization/company to do business with. I am just glad I finally contacted USCCA and found out the easy way.

I was a member for over 5 years, I though I was in good hands. But I guess that's insurance for you. Pay us and when you need us, F you!

I highly reccommend considering ACLDN. If I understand correctly they are technically not an insurance program but a financial network. You have to find your own lawyer, they simply pay the legal fees you incure.

My constant carry, is my insurance.
(Payment for that insurance is in the form of ammunition and years of practice)

I cannot control those subverting the Constitution. I control my actions, I will not prematurely label myself a victim.
I see the long odds, I know my publically low risk lifestyle, paying out monies to greedy opportunist for dubious needs, and results, not only does not compute for me, it goes against my grain. Counting pennies is not a factor, I doubt I would change if I were flush with cash.
And yet, I have peace of mind, and sleep well with the knowledge I'm insured the way I believe I need to be.

The odds are very low, but if we went by statistics no one would carry...
Except that statistics dont apply to the victims.

Insurance is like gambling. The ins. company is betting that you won't have a claim. You are betting that you just might have one. And if there is a claim, you will be covered. The state Insurance Commission should be called the Gaming Commission.

Seriously, it's about odds. Of the number of people carrying a firearm, how many are going to wind up using it in a confrontation? Or, of the number of households having guns at hand, how many are going to be involved in a defensive shooting? Thinking about the numbers involved, very small odds. And when I say "confrontation," I'm talking about one that the insurance is likely to cover. Everyone has to figure out what their risk tolerance is and come to terms with it. Some people have insurance for everything; others don't.

Car insurance, you're a lot more likely to need it. Homeowner's insurance, not needed as often as auto ins. but claims are not rare. Carry liability insurance, I'd think that the potential for claims is very low. The guys who set these policies up see it pretty much as free money. The network of attorneys, maybe it's just a list put together for purposes of eye-wash. We might find (if they'd pick up the phone) that some of the attorneys on the list have never heard of the promoter of the insurance. After all, a recommendation for services may come from anybody.

BUT: If you are the one guy in ten million who is gonna need this kind of coverage, you're happy to have it in time of need. If the company involved will actually make good and cover it. As someone else said above, if you get a measure of peace of mind out of it, there may be some value. But your protection from the low potential of probability is more effective.

Here in Wash., the state insurance nabobs banned this kind of insurance product. But they also have kept out a lot of bogus dental insurance scams too.

Previous thread on this topic:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top