JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The easiest way to determine if Appleseed has anything to offer you is to take a 1" target and put it out to 25 meters (82'). Then, from the unsupported (no bi-pod, mono-pod, sand bags, bench etc) position of your choice (we recommend prone) send 10 rounds down range in under 60sec.

8 out of 10 in the black is the standard that we teach to.

If you don't have a 1" square, here is a target I use as a part of my Sunday routine: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3fbTeLjnPFDM2ZQUXBTZHM1S0E/edit?usp=sharing

The grid is 1MOA and the 2 D silhouettes represent a 24" target at 200 yards.

If you do meet that standard, then my challenge to you is to become an instructor. We are an all volunteer organization and are always looking for help waking up our fellow American's to their heritage as Riflemen.

This little 'pop quiz' doesn't require a transition, reload or multiple targets. 60 sec is plenty of time for a bolty. A Rifleman's rapid fire is a shot at the bottom of every breath. Normal breathing cycle is 3-5 sec. If your cycling the bolt while your breathing you still have an extra second per shot to work the bolt.

I'd love to see some results posted up in this thread.

Here's my 11yo for inspiration :s0087: (although she was shooting 5 round groups not 10)

IMAG0539_zps50d45dca.jpg

My 22 yo daughter did Appleseed with me a couple of months ago and scored 239/250. She LOVED it. Especially outshooting me.

She's going to do another Appleseed so she can start on the path to becoming an instructor and recruiting all the young ladies. We've walked the minuteman trail, which was inspirational and sobering.

I'm newly relocated and would love to help you on a subsequent course. Supposedly I'm an IIT but haven't a clue what that is supposed to mean.

If anyone would like to learn marksmanship, and especially proper form and principles, Appleseed is perhaps the best and most cost effective means to do so.

My 22 yo daughter did Appleseed with me a couple of months ago and scored 239/250. She LOVED it. Especially outshooting me.

She's going to do another Appleseed so she can start on the path to becoming an instructor and recruiting all the young ladies. We've walked the minuteman trail, which was inspirational and sobering.
:s0132::s0132::s0132:

I'm newly relocated and would love to help you on a subsequent course. Supposedly I'm an IIT but haven't a clue what that is supposed to mean.

It means that you understand the importance of sharing our heritage and marksmanship with others. Welcome to the NW - PM coming.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top