Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Do you need Appleseed?

Discussion in 'Project Appleseed' started by Kimber Custom, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

The easiest way to determine if Appleseed has anything to offer you is to take a 1" target and put it out to 25 meters (82'). Then, from the unsupported (no bi-pod, mono-pod, sand bags, bench etc) position of your choice (we recommend prone) send 10 rounds down range in under 60sec.

8 out of 10 in the black is the standard that we teach to.

If you don't have a 1" square, here is a target I use as a part of my Sunday routine: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3fbTeLjnPFDM2ZQUXBTZHM1S0E/edit?usp=sharing

The grid is 1MOA and the 2 D silhouettes represent a 24" target at 200 yards.

If you do meet that standard, then my challenge to you is to become an instructor. We are an all volunteer organization and are always looking for help waking up our fellow American's to their heritage as Riflemen.

IronMonster likes this.
  2. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

What would the timeframe be for a bolt action?

3. Kimber Custom

This little 'pop quiz' doesn't require a transition, reload or multiple targets. 60 sec is plenty of time for a bolty. A Rifleman's rapid fire is a shot at the bottom of every breath. Normal breathing cycle is 3-5 sec. If your cycling the bolt while your breathing you still have an extra second per shot to work the bolt.

I'd love to see some results posted up in this thread.

Here's my 11yo for inspiration :s0087: (although she was shooting 5 round groups not 10)

IMAG0539_zps50d45dca.jpg

4. SBC97281

SBC97281 Oregon Active Member

Did the young lady above qualify as Rifleman?

5. rutilate

rutilate Vancouver and Surrounds Active Member

My 22 yo daughter did Appleseed with me a couple of months ago and scored 239/250. She LOVED it. Especially outshooting me.

She's going to do another Appleseed so she can start on the path to becoming an instructor and recruiting all the young ladies. We've walked the minuteman trail, which was inspirational and sobering.

I'm newly relocated and would love to help you on a subsequent course. Supposedly I'm an IIT but haven't a clue what that is supposed to mean.

If anyone would like to learn marksmanship, and especially proper form and principles, Appleseed is perhaps the best and most cost effective means to do so.

6. Kimber Custom

Alas - not yet. That was actually the last shoot she's been too probably 7 months ago. She shoots around a 185. She's a little like her mom - dime sized groups at squares; panics on the AQT.

7. Kimber Custom

:s0132::s0132::s0132:

It means that you understand the importance of sharing our heritage and marksmanship with others. Welcome to the NW - PM coming.