Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Do you need a job

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oknow, Feb 22, 2016.

1. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

here are three that you may or may not like with a decent paycheck.

Sometimes job hunting can make you pine for careers you never considered before. Six months of rejection emails can get you thinking, "Maybe I'll just join the circus." And despite what your mother thinks, that's actually not the worst or most far-out job you could take. If you think you've got it weird at work, there's a whole world of strange jobs waiting for you. We found some really weird ones, and maybe you'll be inspired to find the career you never knew you wanted.

Inspired by the collections already online, we rounded up some of what we thought were the truly strangest jobs you can hold these days. If you're looking for a real challenge: find the college degree that best gets you prepared for each one!

1. Professional Cuddler

If you're looking for a job that gets you close to your customers, then look no further than the, er, cuddling industry. Professional cuddlers, as it were, are people who quite literally cuddle their paying customers on an hourly basis. It's a mostly in-home solo service that provides emotional intimacy for clients if not physical.

Sounds like a lot of wasted time? This exposé on the world of professional cuddling by Mic shows that it is indeed lucrative: one pro cuddle-bug reported $80/hour rates, while another service boasted bringing in $100,000 per year. Yes, $8K, every month, for snuggling.

If physical touch is your thing, but prostitution isn't, you may have found your niche.

2. Professional Pusher

Sure, mom can be a nudge from time to time, but even the pushiest parents are no match for Japan's Oshiya. They are effectively professional pushers: people who are meant to corral passengers on to the busy, over-packed subways around Tokyo.

According to CNN, these workers don white gloves and uniforms, and expertly pack even the fullest subway car to capacity, ensuring that as many people as possible can catch their train on time. Thankfully, Thrillist was able to dig up a video of them in action.

3. Professional Smeller

Alas, no country — not even China — is immune to wonky health crazes. And this may be the king of them all: according to an article by Gizmodo, there are real people in China who are making roughly $50,000 each year by smelling and analyzing human flatulence.

The idea is that, much like a good sommelier, these expert noses can dissect the finer notes of bodily gasses to determine health issues that could arise in the patient. This author will kindly stick to the annual checkup with his MD.

2. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

You probably need to be a female that if not a 10 needs to be attractive to the average guy.

I can't see anyone paying me to come into their house and snuggle up.

I did see that article awhile back though and thought it was strange.

3. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

The cuddle thing is real. One of our guys was late arriving for school in AZ because he was in SanFrancisco and a cuddling meeting. I asked...was sorry I asked afterwards.

4. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Lots of lonely women just wanting touch will pay for services from a guy just to cuddle. Big business.

5. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Just call 1-800-NOF-APP!
    lol

Oh, and who's "we"? did you write that.. don't see a link or "".

6. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

So there really is such a thing as a Fart Smeller.
    And all these years I just thought it was a play-on-words.

Damnedest folks them Chinese. What'll they think of next?!?

7. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'll stick with having been a Tit Dipper in my youth.

Coffee cup full of Iodine I would use it to dip the Dairy Cows Teats in after milking to stop any infection.

8. 2A2Dend

2A2Dend .. Well-Known Member

*sigh*
    Whiskey
    T
    ango
    F
    oxtrot!!

9. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

10. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Proof that sometimes there's just not enough gin.