Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Do you name your guns?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by 284guy, Jul 1, 2009.

1. 284guy

284guy Woodburn Member

Maybe Im strange, but I have a habit of naming my guns. Am I the only one that does this? My "pet" AR is named "Black Betty", my Kimber classic is an original made in Oregon with rosewood grips so I call her Rose. (yeah I went way out there on that one) What do you name your guns?

2. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

I dont name my guns but my wife does. She only names the guns that she likes to shoot. She named my Buckmark Natalia, My p22 Jessica, and she is scared to death of my AR so it doesn't have a name.

3. speelyei

speelyei Willamette Valley Active Member

no, personally I don't.

4. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

Yes, I have names for my favoret weapons. But I leave the naming of my gun to my girl friend! :rofl1:

5. bikemaniac1

bikemaniac1 Portland Oregon Member

It would take to much effort to name all of them. That's a lot of names to think of.

6. 57chevy

57chevy Hillsboro Member

My .300 Win Mag Sako is Black Widow because she has killed 21 elk. The .40 Browing Hi Power is Sweetness because it shoots great and is my favorite.:D

7. The Duck

The Duck Oregon Active Member

I have a name for my personal M4: B.M.F. :D That one will NEVER be for sale!

8. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

Its funny you posted this. I've never named any of my guns before - none in my collection have names, but I'm picking up an OD/Stainless XDM tomorrow that I've been referring to as the "Green Meanie."

9. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

I have a FNP-45 that I call 'Bad Boy' if I bring him with the 3 factory mags, almost a full box on board. :)

10. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

I don't name my guns... Just my riding lawn mower and small tractor:bluelaugh:

11. Oro

Oro Western WA Active Member

I DO name a few of them, the special ones. Only one or two have a name, and it has to be for a special reason or feature. For reasons that are 1/2 obvious from this side, and R-rated on the other, this custom Caspian in blue/nickel is named "Rebel Girl":

12. Rugerbub

Rugerbub OREGON Member

I have never thought about naming my guns but maybe in will start now

13. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Your girl's "friend" must be really special to her if she lets HER name YOUR gun!! :D :p

14. wawaverider

wawaverider PDX, OR Member

Only when I was made to in the Marine Corps

15. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

I had my wife name my gun shortly before we were married. I won't divulge what she calls it though. Now my firearms on the other hand are named after what the factory tatooed on em.:laugh:

16. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

I bet this guy calls this one "Walt"(pic in next post.....)

17. tionico

tionico Thurston County Well-Known Member

MANX, YOU'RE CRAZY!!!!!! (in a great, fun, way). Your visual sense of humour has cracked me up more than once. Great concept, great, uhm, execution. (the executioner ain't too shabby, either!!).

Personally, I've never thought of naming any of mine..... but first jolt, I like the idea. Maybe I'll have to let my cranium rattle its beans about a bit and see what comes out.

I've got a good friend with a laser inscribing machine, and may even go so far as having him inscribe something....... on some of them. I'd not do it to the vintage Browning GP I've got..... too pristine as she is. I hope I never have to part with it, but if I ever did it may well be the new steward mightn't appreciate, or respect, the monniker carved on the slide.... even if it WERE done well, and gold leafed into the bargain.

18. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Thanks tionico! Glad someone appreciates my strange sense of humor!!

19. chiefchip

chiefchip Rainier, Oregon Member

I named my tactical 870 "THOR"

20. gunluvver

gunluvver Hillsboro, OR Member

I named all of mine "KILLER".