JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Would love to see pics of your work and read about your experiences.

I just completed a simple kit knife from Jantz. The blade comes finished, all I had to do was select, form, and install the scales.
It was a lot more difficult than I had imagined but it was fun and I learned a lot. Even though the completed project didnt turn out 'pristine' like I had envisioned, the process was rewarding and the buddy I made it for was pretty excited about it.
I plan to do more and would like to start grinding my own blades at some point this summer.
Here are a couple of pics of the finished knife. The scales are of G10 Black/Blue with brass pins. Steel is 440C Stainless.
And I should give credit for the pics to my 13yo daughter. :)

This is a 'Wyoming Hunter' blade of 440C Stainless. As I mentioned, the blade came from Jantz already finished. I didnt have to do any steel work on this. I am going to do a couple more this winter where I only have to do the scales then in the summer I am going to attempt to grind my own blades from some old tool steel.

Any advice from those who are into this stuff would be appreciated!

I got bored one day and had read an article in Outdoor Life about making survival knives out of old sawzall blades. This is the result. :)

AKMS-47006.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top