JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i always try and keep 4 mags for each handgun-2 loaded , and then i alter nate about once every month unless i'm out shooting + there is always a 45/70 marlin guide gun loaded in my closet,and a 870 stuby in the guest closet by the front door------i remember when i was young my dad give me he!!,for leaving his torque wrench set on a specific set ! he said it would have to get recaibrated,if i continued to do this--then he pointed this out to me on the range about my guns.he said if you want to leave a loaded mag in then at least alternate them-oh ya --some will always work,but i'm kinda working with MURPHY'S law on this one !!
steven

I keep all my clips loaded with m2 ball ammo and armor piercing ammo. I also keep my mags loaded...

What he said - though I don't have any AP...

Of course, I *do* have some clips that need 6.5 Carcano, 7.35 Carcano, 8mm mauser and even 8x56R...

... my magazines - it varies... my G27 always has a couple of mags full.

I keep my handgun mags loaded and one 30rd carbine mag loaded with 25rds but have to say I don't load up everything as I hope I wouldn't need to have ten thousand rounds of mags ready to go for war...LOL Good lord I thought I was a crazy gun nut!

maybe it's just me but if it can be removed it's a clip, if it's built in it's a mag. And if it's one of many favorites it's loaded. Clips, mags, guns and all.

I always have many more mags than I need, and keep half loaded. Springs do not wear, or take a set, so the rounds are not changed around. The design of some of the AR mags such as MPul, can be fully loaded to capacity and will load the same with open or closed bolt. Some of the others will not load well and do better with a couple rounds missing. Up to you to test for your needs and equipment. I don't have a problem with any of the handgun mags with fully loaded clips. The half that are kept loaded have had a zero % failure rate. My Glocks and 1911 A1 are always keep full and loaded, and used in LEO work. I have not had a mag failure, so the privledge of tossing a bad one aways hasn't occured yet!

I don't load up everything as I hope I wouldn't need to have ten thousand rounds of mags ready to go for war...LOL Good lord I thought I was a crazy gun nut!
One word. Zombies.
maybe it's just me but if it can be removed it's a clip, if it's built in it's a mag. And if it's one of many favorites it's loaded. Clips, mags, guns and all.
Well a magazine holds cartridges and feeds them into the chamber. This can be removable such as a pistol magazine or fixed like a shotgun or rifle magazine.

A clip, holds cartridges to load it into a magazine. A good example would be on rifles with a magazine tube on the bottom of the barrel. You can quickly load it through the loading port with a clip as opposed to loading it by hand.

"Gangstas" call magazines clips for some reason or another, probably because it sounds better in lyrics than mag or magazine.
Empty Mags make me sad:(
Me too buddy, me too :(

clip_mag_lesson.jpg

Not a problem. Call them whatever you wish. A magazine will have a spring and follower. A clip holds or clips rounds together, and usually will feed a magazine or charge a magazine. An example being an enbloc clip for a Garand holds eight rounds together without a spring or follower, it won't qualify as a magazine. Crap, it's that thingy that holds bullets:s0112::s0114::s0114::s0114::huh::s0155:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top