JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+1 i wonder about it also, i keep one loaded clip for my ar-15, but only load it to 20 rounds,,(its a 30 round clip).. i usually unload it every few months and rotate it out with a different mag every once in awhile, as if it might give the mag a break,, i take the mag out every few months and use it for target practice ,, have not had a mag failure yet,,been doing that for 10 years,, but who knows,, maybe i could have left the mag full this whole time(10 years.),, kind of curious what others do as well. I am also curious how long bullets will last, i have a few cases of green tip .223 that must be at least 10 years old, in the back of the gun safe.

it will not hurt a thing to keep them loaded,actually the load/unload thing is what wears on the spring.I keep several mags loaded full time.I actually found some chinese mags I had loaded since I bought them in 81' and they fired without flaw.so no worries..

I keep...
660 rounds for my AR loaded at all times
330 rounds for the AK loaded at all times
24 rounds for my .45 loaded
150 for my 9mm loaded.

This is on top of the thousands of rounds I have for each in ammo cans.

4- 20 rnd .308 mags loaded and another 4-20 rnd .308mags loaded in a chest rig.

AK:
3 0f 8 30 rd mags loaded w/ HP........
1 Drum filled (spring released) FMJ/Steel core
An additional 2000 rds ready to go... Chinese steel core, Wolf HP. Wolf FMJ
another 1k on the way this week :O)

BDE .40:
As I only have 2 mags and the only hold 10 a piece... both loaded

500 rds factory reloads
20 rds Hydra shock
50 Rds CCI Brass
50 Rds Remington jacketed disintegrators

Then a random box of 45, couple boxes of shells box of 00...

lol

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads