JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you keep scope boxes?

• Yes, I keep them, because ...

Votes: 62 86.1%
  • Nope, I toss them.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I don't know. I don't buy scopes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (gasp!) Scopes are scary and bad and go on ghost guns with a shoulder thing that goes up!

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters
PC010346.JPG

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along.

I keep them all.

It's a place to keep unused scopes clean and protected. And a scope with the original packaging is an easier sell or trade than one that has rattled around in a tool drawer.:s0155:

Any box/papers for gun, scope or significant accessories can (and has more than once for me) tip the scales for a buyer "on the fence".
It also has perhaps tipped the scale for ME when I am a prospective buyer.

I live a lean lifestyle. Product boxes are junk to me. I buy things like guns, scopes, cameras, lenses, to use them. If I sell, it's a used item where a box won't matter (won't find any "like new in box" sales from me). And for warranty or repair shipping? Bubble wrap and newspaper works great.

Edit: So, if they don't get tossed, then they often get repurposed. I have a toddler who likes to paint and tape things together. Smaller boxes make great storage vessels for garage stuff (also keeps my wife happy that I'm not grabbing the Tupperware to drop bolts into).

Last Edited:
Like a lot of folks are saying, I keep the boxes on scopes and other higher-end equipment. Helps with resale value. Even if it's something I buy that I expect to outlast me, you never know.

I keep them as long as i have the scope.
I also ship a scope back in another companies box the few times i have had to. It reminds the company that there are other companies out there and if they dont get thier act together i will buy elsewhere. Never had a problem doing this so far.

Good for you. I love this and am going to adopt your approach.

I keep them as long as i have the scope.
I also ship a scope back in another companies box the few times i have had to. It reminds the company that there are other companies out there and if they dont get thier act together i will buy elsewhere. Never had a problem doing this so far.
That sounds like something I would do!

Anytime my wife's Swarovski, Lalique, watch, Precious moments, etc. and shoe box collection exceeds my scope, gun, watch, knife, etc. box collection I know I can visibly start buying more toys and not have to sneak them into the man cave. The boxes are great for score keeping. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top