JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What 'Condition' do you carry in?

• NO round in the Chamber, Safety ON

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • NO round in the Chamber, Safety OFF

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • NO round in the Chamber, NO Safety

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • ONE in the Chamber, Safety ON

Votes: 63 32.5%
  • ONE in the Chamber, Safety OFF

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • ONE in the Chamber, NO Safety

Votes: 97 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Depends on the Gun

Votes: 39 20.1%

• Total voters
my 1911 and Colt Mustang are chambered, cocked and locked... well the Mustang just safed as it has no slide lock. Glocks and plastic Springfield's are chambered

best-small-car-gun-safe-300x300.jpg

I'll use the glovebox thanks. Almost had to shoot a guy who was trying to sideswipe my vehicle the other day out on the Yakima reservation. Not really sure how I would have grabbed my gun out of a locked box.

Thanks for coming up with solutions for non existent problems.

those are for storage when unattended...

not certain how you will chamber a round while driving defensively against a road rager though...

I have no problem if you want to carry without a round in the chamber by the way.

not certain how you will chamber a round while driving defensively against a road rager though...

The whole tone of this conversation seems to be that there are some people who think that chambering a round is difficult and time consuming. Yes, even while driving its not. Like anything else if you train yourself to make it second nature there is no fumbling

The whole tone of this conversation seems to be that there are some people who think that chambering a round is difficult and time consuming. Yes, even while driving its not. Like anything else if you train yourself to make it second nature there is no fumbling

my apologies If I sounded condescending. I have no problem with it if thats what you choose.

I think it's great to have faith in your training and abilities.
But dangerous to discount the same in others.

I try to give myself every edge. And still. If I'm honest with myself. Can think of several scenario's where I would be caught flat footed.

I can only hope a person meaning me harm. Will project some hint of his intentions.
Before moving against me? o_O

But Evil people have no honor. And they have there own training, tactics, and abilities.
And they don't involve giving you a chance! :eek:

Do a little mental exercise if your fears will allow you to do so.
Instead of daydreaming of a scenario where you come out victorious. Try to ponder a few where you loose? :confused:

Now plan for a more likely way to survive that sh!t show. ;)

my apologies If I sounded condescending. I have no problem with it if thats what you choose.
No kidding. Kudos. Ignorant clowns do exist though.. God bless 'em for whatever reason.
Hey wired, I think you've established that you carry an unloaded pistol for your own peculiar reasons. please go away now

Coming from a mechanical background and seeing mechanical systems fail on a regular basis, I have a hard time trusting a cocked hammer behind a live round in common everyday situations, safety or not.
I also prefer to be consistent in the readiness of all my carry weapons and keep one chambered at all times.
My choice for carry is double action only or single action/double action, uncocked and one in the pipe.

When carry in holster, I chamber one and no safety. However, when I leave them in a safe, there is no holster and don't chamber one, because there is no safety. I figured it is more difficult to get it out of a holster from a safe than rack the slide.

When carry in holster, I chamber one and no safety. However, when I leave them in a safe, there is no holster and don't chamber one, because there is no safety. I figured it is more difficult to get it out of a holster from a safe than rack the slide.

I own a 1911 that I bought from a dealer who got it from a guy that held it in his safe loaded and hammer cocked. One day he opened up his safe where it had set for a few years. He forgot it was loaded and shot his wife in the stomach. I know its sloppy handling but it just shows that the person behind the trigger is fallible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own a 1911 that I bought from a dealer who got it from a guy that held it in his safe loaded and hammer cocked. One day he opened up his safe where it had set for a few years. He forgot it was loaded and shot his wife in the stomach. I know its sloppy handling but it just shows that the person behind the trigger is fallible.
Every gun owner is human! That fact makes them FALLIBLE. Every gun is LOADED until YOU unload it RULE # 1, He also violated #2, #3, AND #4
The Four Rules
  1. All guns are always loaded. (Treat them so!)
  2. Never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target (and you have made the decision to shoot).
  4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

never understood why anyone would store their gun loaded...o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews