JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What 'Condition' do you carry in?

• NO round in the Chamber, Safety ON

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • NO round in the Chamber, Safety OFF

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • NO round in the Chamber, NO Safety

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • ONE in the Chamber, Safety ON

Votes: 63 32.5%
  • ONE in the Chamber, Safety OFF

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • ONE in the Chamber, NO Safety

Votes: 97 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Depends on the Gun

Votes: 39 20.1%

• Total voters
Many Firearms can be racked one handed, and we constantly trained and developed new ways to do it! An AR and just about any auto loader can be done one handed, and most handguns especially using the rear sight! I even saw a one armed man during one of our S.A.S.S. shoots, cock a single action revolver using his belt, Man, that dude was fast!

Ok hope you guys can see the rear sight clearly enough...I tried ito on my pocket, my belt and my holster ( safariland ).. worked about 75 percent on my pocket and 100 on the others. So it can be done on the pocket with decent success...putting your life on the line for it 75 percent ain't bad odds but all things being equal I would use my holster I'd available. It was flawless with the safariland 14686514139141637252911.jpg

For what it's worth I'd avoid the extended safety, mag release, and slide release on any 1911 you intend to carry. I've seen people accidentally push up on the slide release and lock their gun open while shooting in a match situation more than once, also seen mags dropped by accident leaving them with an empty gun mid stage. I've known several people who freaked out when they discovered their safety had been kicked off when holstering their gun because the extended safety caught on the way in.

For what it's worth I'd avoid the extended safety, mag release, and slide release on any 1911 you intend to carry. I've seen people accidentally push up on the slide release and lock their gun open while shooting in a match situation more than once, also seen mags dropped by accident leaving them with an empty gun mid stage. I've known several people who freaked out when they discovered their safety had been kicked off when holstering their gun because the extended safety caught on the way in.
Some people hate all the ambidextrous and oversized controls for some peculiar reason also.
Screw all that business. The best Hi-Power safety is the original one.

whatever condition you carry in, do it consistantly. don't change around it'll only confuse your little gun owner braino_O personally I carry chambered safety off hammer down. done that all my shooting life never any problems unlikely to change. always owned guns with exposed hammers always manually cock the hammer even if its a d/a pistol.

what I'm saying is develop a habit and stick to it

whatever condition you carry in, do it consistantly. don't change around it'll only confuse your little gun owner braino_O personally I carry chambered safety off hammer down. done that all my shooting life never any problems unlikely to change. always owned guns with exposed hammers always manually cock the hammer even if its a d/a pistol.

pow pow!

fin-00--fanning_zpsbf0a3bbf.gif

My handgun has a round in the chamber and safety ON! If/when time comes to draw it a part of the draw is the thumb down movement that puts the power of fire or hold in the moment of trigger finger position.
My HD Shotgun has the magazine full and the pump pulled back. As the gun is brought into position the pump is pushed forward , the rest is up to the situation .

I have no intention of getting into a quick draw competition. 1911 with an empty chamber . I can rack the slide about as fast as I can work the safety.

If I'm carrying a revolver well.....

That is why I'm staying in the 1911 style for ALL my handguns. I practice and carry Condition one with safety on, I consistently practice pulling and disengaging safety while acquiring the target, then putting finger in hole and applying pressure

It appears that I had already voiced in detail my actions.
I wanted to +1 on this statement: ]whatever condition you carry in, do it consistantly. don't change around it'll only confuse your little gun owner braino_O

I converted my double stack Px4 Storm full size is to G type and it is decocker only so that is one in the chamber and the double action pull acts as my safety. I pocket carry my Ruger LC9s in a Blackhawk holster so that is one in the chamber safety on. But after hiking up and down the hills of Seattle all day I found my safety OFF when I returned to the hotel room.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top