JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What 'Condition' do you carry in?

• NO round in the Chamber, Safety ON

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • NO round in the Chamber, Safety OFF

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • NO round in the Chamber, NO Safety

Votes: 10 5.2%
  • ONE in the Chamber, Safety ON

Votes: 63 32.5%
  • ONE in the Chamber, Safety OFF

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • ONE in the Chamber, NO Safety

Votes: 97 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Depends on the Gun

Votes: 39 20.1%

• Total voters
DA Revolver usually these days,but when I feel like having more capacity, I carry my semi auto with one in the chamber. My semi auto has a trigger safety and grip safety only.

What sold me on carrying with a round chambered and pushed me over the fence was a video that went thru all of the malfunctions that can happen when first racking the slide on a new round.

Very few failures when you just have to pull the trigger. So my hope is that I get one good shot in at the minimum.

Service training dictated loaded chamber and safety on, But most of us kept safety's off, and would have to remember to put the safety on when back in bivouac so as not to have some dumb azz Desk Officer pitch a fit!

For Ladies, I recommend loaded chamber in what ever safety condition you fee like. I know many, My wife included, have a hard time cycling the slide on many auto pistols, so I have always recommended keeping a loaded chamber! My Mom used to carry a full size 1911 due to the spring pressure of that being easy to cock, now she carries a Ruger lcr .357 so she no longer has to worry about cocking a auto! Old age and a few broken wrist incidents have forced her to go this route!

Funny thing, Mom wanted something just as mean as the .45 and she found just what she wanted with that little Ruger .357. Dad still carries his 1911, but more times then not now days he has his stainless Colt Python .357 mag in the waist band holster! He keeps joking about selling that Colt and buying a really tricked out 1911 for what that Python is worth these days!

Depends on the gun.

1911 - round in the chamber, cocked and locked
Kahr PM9 - round in the chamber, there is no safety, except between your ears
S & W J Frame - fully loaded

Funny thing, Mom wanted something just as mean as the .45 and she found just what she wanted with that little Ruger .357. Dad still carries his 1911, but more times then not now days he has his stainless Colt Python .357 mag in the waist band holster! He keeps joking about selling that Colt and buying a really tricked out 1911 for what that Python is worth these days!

Oh, he will regret selling that revolver...:s0123:

You can't build or buy those anymore.:s0008:

That's just me though. :s0092:

Yea,Yaa! Just what I needed, another 2011 build! That makes 5 that need to be done A.s.a.p.! Two for the kiddo's, one for the Wife, one for Pop and one for my Cousin to get him to get rid of that damn Glock of his that he hates, but cant let go of! Oh the pain, Oh the misery!!!

Yea,Yaa! Just what I needed, another 2011 build! That makes 5 that need to be done A.s.a.p.! Two for the kiddo's, one for the Wife, one for Pop and one for my Cousin to get him to get rid of that damn Glock of his that he hates, but cant let go of! Oh the pain, Oh the misery!!!
Wait if I buy a glock you will build me one to get rid of it???? Quick everybody loan me 20 bucks

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top