JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, the military contracts comes first.

So, if the commercial lines (machines) were taken over/tasked with making miliitary ammo (because of a shut down of the military factories) then......I can/could foresee a possible reduction of commercial supplies/calibers.

THAT.

Will affect supplies (of some calibers).

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
True enough, but from what I can tell when private companies start manufacturing to meet military demands it seems they all try to fill the quota and we end up with a surplus in the long run. However, that assumption comes from times that the military munitions factories are also up and running, usually during war time. Overall I see the upgrades in the munitions plants as beneficial to supply.

I will admit, my happiness is down due to lack of availability.

Yup.....it is a benefit to improve SAFETY and possibly improve production output while they're improving safety. Though it may come with a temporary set back.

Like that road/highway construction that never seems to finish on time and (of course) the higher costs that comes with that scheme. LOL....maybe that's more a comment about Govt. projects in general?

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Ummmm, injured or killed nearly a dozen in recent years (as in more than one)???

All these lives were valuable, but check out roofers, garbage truck drivers, fisherman and those working in the timber industry. 107 fatalities alone in the waste industry in 2019. I get numbers will be different based on staffing, but these are consistently at the top of the most dangerous industries to work in. So to cherry pick a few events seems...disingenuous. Should they improve safety if they can? Absolutely. But hopefully this will not be yet another excuse as to why these poor new shooters cannot find ammo for their new blasters.

My prayers do go out to those who were injured or killed either supplying our military or so we can have our freedom at home.

NO! LOl
But is there another ammo shortage going on? I keep reading and hearing that during these times ammo shortages are showing up again like they were a few years ago.

I don't think it is as bad as the previous one - especially rimfire ammo. If one is patient and diligent, one can find the ammo - but the centerfire ammo has doubled, tripled in price, and is still climbing.

I just can't imagine the US would shut down munitions factories for long... seems to me that using a lot of ammo is kind of our thing now days.

I can imagine the US gov restricting access to ammo. California has.
I'm thinking of the failed Oregon bill to restrict the amount of ammo a person could buy each month. Keep in mind, the non-shooters coming up with this kind of law have no idea that 20 rounds shouldn't be enough for any normal person, for a month's worth of shooting.

Things keep going the way they have been, we're going to need to figure out a way to "reload" primers...

I'm thinking of the failed Oregon bill to restrict the amount of ammo a person could buy each month. Keep in mind, the non-shooters coming up with this kind of law have no idea that 20 rounds shouldn't be enough for any normal person, for a month's worth of shooting.

Things keep going the way they have been, we're going to need to figure out a way to "reload" primers...

If Biden is elected, this will be national.

[sarcasm]

Wow. . . Who knew that working with substances that can explode could be dangerous!

[/sarcasm]

Note the irony that one of the plants where the deaths occurred was "AMTEC Less-Lethal Systems"

Yep, I think I have enough. Actually I don't have any idea how much ammo I have. I know I have a bunch, enough that I quit buying ammo a couple years ago. I guess I should inventory it some day.

I think the "Hawaiian" knows a thing or two about dock strikes and stockpiling essentials.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....I spoke to some friends back "Home". They said that ammo is going for "STUPID PRICES". Example $1 per round for .223 Rem.

Time for a musical break. And maybe an idea about what to do with that empty ammo can.

Last Edited:
Technically yes, more than 200 rounds per caliber.
More than I want: no, I'd prefer to have at minimum 500+ rounds per caliber.
That said what I currently have is enough to not weigh me down too much if I have to throw it all in my go bag and backpack.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top