JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Mk I and purchased a 22/45 and when I saw the new MKIV Tactical well just had to get it ! Bi Mart has some smoking deals by the way if you have not checked them out I definitely recommend.

I had a standard 4 3/4" in the 90's. Thought it looked cool and shot well, but I didn't like the butt-heavy balance. I sold it to a buddy in the Navy.

I bought another 4 3/4" standard in Mk2 because I forgot I didn't like the balance. Sold it.

Fast forward to this year... yep same thing! Bought & sold ANOTHER standard 4 3/4" Mk2.

I just prefer my Buck marks.

I had a standard 4 3/4" in the 90's. Thought it looked cool and shot well, but I didn't like the butt-heavy balance. I sold it to a buddy in the Navy.

I bought another 4 3/4" standard in Mk2 because I forgot I didn't like the balance. Sold it.

Fast forward to this year... yep same thing! Bought & sold ANOTHER standard 4 3/4" Mk2.

Get a bull barrel target. Problem solved.

I grew up with my dad playing with them. I just picked up a standard with a original clark custom work done to it. Have 2 other mark 4s myself and potentially another if I can finish the build.

The four that I have seem a little lacking, maybe get a few more to scratch that itch. I love these pistols. Everyone has their own tastes, for me these work and work well. Browning, S&W Uglitory, or High Statndards just don't do it for me in the least bit. Rugers are simple, work, and don't break. If you are having issues with one I'll typically think it's not the fault of the manufacturer.

I have a couple old Standards and a couple MK2's. Balance and feel are personal taste. I've had my original Standard since the 1980's, have shot untold thousands of rounds through it. It's one that one of my kids will get someday.

I nickel plated it back in the 90's, and made some grips for it sometime in the 00's. I spent days on those grips. I tend to be a bit perfectionist on things like that; you'd have a hard time telling that they're hand-made.

I do have newer gun too though. My kids really like the TX22. It balances very different, but is light and shoots great.

IMG_1529[1].jpg

I was a High Standard fanboy for decades.
Eventually a 10X and unfired Citation floated thru my area and I confiscated ...er...made a deal & took them along for further evaluation.
After gigaboxes and some impressive groups I finally grew fatigued with the never-solvable Magazine Palsy. They were much too sensitive & unreliable regardless of how they were treated.

A particular 10" bull barrel MkI spent a lot of time to range & back with me. Finally someone wanted it more than that impressive stack of FRD$ he offered.....but I came to appreciate the sturdy invincibility and almost profane accuracy it too offered.

I've settled of late on a previously unfired MkII Ruger 5" Bull barrel, and a seemed- ugly-at-first but now grandly satisfying S&W Victory. Both appeal to my various time-tested tastes & work well on the line.
Anybody got some spare Mk II magazine they want to trade for FRN$?

Last Edited:

My kinda guy!!

Do you have a Ruger Mk series pistol problem as in you have one but keep buying more ?
YEP! Only have two right now, a MKII,and MKIV but I have lost track how many I have had over the years. Like the 10/22 I would buy one, sell one, buy another. Every time I would sell one I would soon start missing it and looking for another. Couple decades back I finally learned and stopped selling them :D

I've owned many over the years. I'm now down to only four, and none of them newer than a MkII.

Ironically, although my MkII, MkI and Standard all function perfectly and shoot well, they've mostly been retired since I got a TX22. It gets most of my rimfire pistol range time. :confused:

A standard 4.75" blued Mark II was my first handgun years ago. No longer have that one, but I do still have the slab side government target model my Dad gave me as a gift when I was in college in the 1990s. Used to shoot it a lot. I do like the Mark I and Mark II target models (heavy taper and bull barrels) including the government target models and 10" barrel models. With the 10" model's sight radius, it's almost cheating. Fun to pick off small targets at a distance!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top