Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Do you have a Mole problem?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rdb241, Jul 13, 2009.

1. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

2. kj Plattner

kj Plattner Washington New Member

heh, heh, heh, heh.....

3. UncalledForGabe

UncalledForGabe Aloha Or. Member

Great, now I have to go try to make my own! :laugh:

4. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

You know, my friends dad has been doing this for a few years now, he created his own. I don't even know if this was on the market then. They own a vineyard and have problems with moles. Except he does a bout a 50/50 mix of propane and oxygen, he has I believe one of those igniters found on propane grills. When he does it, there is not only the percussion, but some flames shooting out, lol. One time a mole ran out on fire, lol.

5. Grizzly_A

Grizzly_A Portland Metro Area Member

I love YouTube. :)

These sorts of things will probably be outlawed because of flammables underground, or it's explosive...

Just about everything that's fun becomes illegal after you have to much fun with it.

6. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Moses Lake, WA Active Member

I just use the propane and don't bother to ignite. Propane is heavier than air and settles to the nest. The mole retreats to the nest when you start fooling around with the opening the hole. The mone or ground squirel becomes fertilizer.

Pops

7. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I'm reviving this thread because of the success I've had using a Molecat that I bought not long ago. While the trap is a sure killer I found that using a little Mike's Earthworm Oil on the triggering mechanism not only attracts the little buggers to the trap but seems to help mask human scent as well. I bought the worm scent at Fisherman's Marine and I've got a different brand of the same type of stuff on order.

Ogre: 3
    moles: 0