1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have a gun in your BOB? *video*

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PlayboyPenguin, Mar 17, 2011.

1. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I do not have a firearm in the BOB in my rigs since I always carry, as does my wife, but I do have extra ammo for both calibers we use. Glad to see the signalling mirror, a lot of people overlook this simple but very effective device. I also have an ACR Milspec rescue strobe in my bag, in case I'm on the West side where the sun is outlawed:laugh:, and a GPS. Nice job.:thumbup:
  3. Saigashooter

Saigashooter Or coast Member

in your bag you should get some snare wire. also you might think about a 22lr pistol and ammo, they don't weight a lot and can add small game to the meals and a little fishing kit
  4. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

I have a glock 27 with 2 33 round mags, as well as 3 standard mags..
  5. Gunner69

Gunner69 Hillsboro Member

Couple of things.. if you have a food saver or other vacuum packager seal those flares up. Over time especially with our climate here in the NW they will sweat and leak crap all over the inside of your bag. might consider getting rid of the bow saw and going to a coil saw.. save alot of space and with a little craftsman ship and some 550 cord can be converted into a bow saw if needed. Also I didn't see any spare clothes, especially socks in there.

Other than that I think it would be more than adequate as a Get Home bag. My bug out bag is significantly larger and resides in my garage, as it's main purpose is to Geet out of dodge on foot if I have to, and contains more items than I would need to just get home in a day or two.