JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pro: it can save your butt when determining accident fault with your insurance company.
Con: it can screw you over in the opposite situation.

There is no real downside to running a dashcam. Get it, install it and you will have it when you need it. Plus it will give you the chance to share videos of all the stupid stuff we get to see people do while driving around.

Have used them for a LONG time. Now days they are very cheap. In main vehicle I run 2. They are on a super sale one time while back and bought some spares. So just mounted 2. Just to make sure if something important happens it's caught. I have for years bought the cheap ones. Seem to last a year or so. When one dies just slap up another. Only downside I could see is if you do screw up it will of course show you screwed up :)

Do they loop footage or is it something you have to erase every few days?

All I have ever used loop. They have a setting for how long they record till loop. I set mine to the longest. All of the ones I have now take those micro cards. Normally come with a small one I just toss. The cheap cameras work with up to a 32G so I keep a few of those on hand. The cards are less the a 10 spot now days.

No, that's when you respond..."What's a dash cam Officer?" :p

LOL, years ago Wife was with one sister. She always tries to park as close to the door as she can. I will park in a place I do not have to back up, so if I have to walk a little, fine. Will one day they are backing out, another car is backing out, they meet. When we looked at the tape you can hear them,Wife saying "what the F##K was that?", with her sister chiming in "You just hit that gal!" LOL. Now they exchanged info, both insurance somehow found it was the fault of the other driver. No damage to our car anyway. I did tell the Wife maybe she should school her sister not to blurt out something like that while the camera is rolling :)

What's a good Brand & Model to start with?

When one of mine dies all I have ever done is go on Amazon and get whatever is Prime. All of them seem to work pretty much the same. All of mine have come with instructions that were easy to see written by people who do not speak English. So it was at first a challenge to understand. Now they all work so close to the others that I do not even bother. Only thing I would look for is both make sure they do loop record, and take removable memory so you can use the largest one they take. I doubt any of them sold these days would not have this. They have several that are much higher end. Sound like they have some better stuff on them. I just never cared. Just want them to record. One thing with cheap ones is some cars the lighter is live all the time. If your car is like this you do have to power them off when you stop or they just keep recording. One Jeep we have is like this. We just bought a multi port plug in deal that has a button on it. When we stop just push the button and it shuts off the power so the camera shuts off in a few.

My VHS still flashes 12:00 at me...:D

Damn does that bring back fond memories :) Remember when they used to say something along the lines of "so simple to set up a kid could do it". I often used to sit there with the instructions page, thinking maybe I could hire some kid to do this. I sure as hell don't understand how to do this.
First time I saw a DVR was when we got a HD TV. To get HD the only way was with a built in DVR. As soon as the tech set it up and I saw that now to record you just pick a show and hit a button? I thought oh damn, I should have just got one of these years ago :)

I've seen a few posts about dash cams and was wondering who here runs them?

What are the Pro's & Con's of having one...

It would be good evidence in a wreck or road rage if someone had to defend their self.
It's sad society has come to this point .but in the current state humans are in you have to cover your butt

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top