JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you have a CCW/CHL?

• OR, WA, or any other NW state resident permit

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • NW state resident + other non-resident state permit

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • non-NW resident state permit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no permit

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • none of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
Do you have a CCW license? You don't? Tell us.
- Everyone is encouraged to participate. The idea is to have a feel of how many have a CHL/CCW. I expect about 85-95% of NWFA participating members have a concealed carry license. Do you want to prove me wrong? Participate.
- Doesn't count if you are only planning to get one :p
- If it is in transit, like in everything has been submitted and you are waiting for it on the mail, it counts.
- Resident permit: CCW from the state you reside
- non resident permit: off-state permit complementing your resident CCW (i.e. UT, FA, etc) or obtained while you lived there.

If you do not have any permits and do not plan to obtain any, I think it would be intersitng to know why. I promise no bashings :D at least from my part.

Used to. In the process again, all I need to do is get the paperwork done for it.

I was going to use it for the ease of transporting firearms but now I'm actually thinking about carrying.

I do not have any of the above mentioned permits/licenses. I turned 21 in Nov in all fairness however I would like to know what all of the abbreviations stand for and what the differences are. Also how I would go about obtaining each of them? Thanx for any and all info!

I've been putting this off, just for these simple excuses...
1. I don't want to be in another government database...
2. Why do they need my finger prints? Have committed a crime?
3. Is the photo really needed?
4. Why isn't Oregon's gun laws like Alaska or Vermonts'?

I do realize that every firearm that I have purchase thru a FFL is already recorded...The DMV has my picture... The DOD has my picture and finger prints, dental records... But to my credit, I do have the application in my laptop bag and have made an appointment with a co-worker to go down together and turn in the applications.

Charles

Interesting to see who answers this question...

...especially after the fight to keep CCW info private in Washington County...

And between the local trash newpaper and the fight in Washington County... Thanks for reminding me! I am happy with the "new" application check box about keeping your information private about your CHL.

Charles

Why do they need my finger prints

Law enforcement people need to check to make sure you haven't committed an offense that might prohibit your obtaining a license. They do not have ESP.

DOD is a separate database which LEOS can't access as far as I know, besides which soldiers have actually committed crimes after they were discharged, as incredible as it may seem. :)

No, I do not have a permit. Perhaps, perhaps not in the future will I carry with a permit. Indeed, I appreciate all you conscientious neighbors who do carry with your permit or openly. Truly, I believe many assaults never are completed with the strong defense or anticipation of defense by self defense weapon; and so, never enter statistically by omission.

We in Oregon are ALL Oregonians. And, we must all stick together. We in the Northwest too must stick together... We Americans must also.

So, if I were to carry, my responsibility would increase many times. My responsibility to not injure by accident, responsibility for those near me in defense, responsibility in general society when trouble starts as I would have more means of counteraction. Much more training is needed to uphold these inherited duties properly.

Law enforcement people need to check to make sure you haven't committed an offense that might prohibit your obtaining a license. They do not have ESP.

DOD is a separate database which LEOS can't access as far as I know, besides which soldiers have actually committed crimes after they were discharged, as incredible as it may seem. :)
Now admittedly I'm not a LEO, but I assume they do most of the background investigation with your SSN and ODL... I don't imagine they run your fingerprints against all state and federal finger print db's. But I'm sure your finger prints are entered into the state finger print db.

I'm not saying all vet's are upstanding, but I believe they are more upstanding than the general populace...Now make the vet a gun owner and you have the cream of the crop:) IMHO In my experience gun owners are the best of the folks out there... vet or not.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top