Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Do you have a CCW license?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pr787lv, Feb 12, 2009.

1. pr787lv

pr787lv somewhere in the NW Member

Do you have a CCW license? You don't? Tell us.
    - Everyone is encouraged to participate. The idea is to have a feel of how many have a CHL/CCW. I expect about 85-95% of NWFA participating members have a concealed carry license. Do you want to prove me wrong? Participate.
    - Doesn't count if you are only planning to get one :p
    - If it is in transit, like in everything has been submitted and you are waiting for it on the mail, it counts.
    - Resident permit: CCW from the state you reside
    - non resident permit: off-state permit complementing your resident CCW (i.e. UT, FA, etc) or obtained while you lived there.

If you do not have any permits and do not plan to obtain any, I think it would be intersitng to know why. I promise no bashings :D at least from my part.

2. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I have OR, WA, and FL permits

3. wavo

wavo Portland Member

Used to. In the process again, all I need to do is get the paperwork done for it.

I was going to use it for the ease of transporting firearms but now I'm actually thinking about carrying.

4. jdiazmtx

jdiazmtx beaverton...surrounded by suburbans Member

ive got an oregon ccw...looking to get washington.....was mugged in downtown while i was with my wife enjoying the evening 8 years ago...got my ccw soon after and have been packing ever since...

5. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

I only have Oregon... the one that doesn't apply to carrying at universities supposedly lol.

6. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

4TH Time renewed wa permit..

7. dr drae

dr drae Seattle Member

WA CPL holder, 7yrs and counting...

8. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

Only wa so far. going on 10 years I think....

9. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

OR and WA

10. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Have OR. going to get WA. soon.

11. Eagle_Adam

Eagle_Adam Portland Oregon Member

I do not have any of the above mentioned permits/licenses. I turned 21 in Nov in all fairness however I would like to know what all of the abbreviations stand for and what the differences are. Also how I would go about obtaining each of them? Thanx for any and all info!

12. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

I've been putting this off, just for these simple excuses...
    1. I don't want to be in another government database...
    2. Why do they need my finger prints? Have committed a crime?
    3. Is the photo really needed?
    4. Why isn't Oregon's gun laws like Alaska or Vermonts'?

I do realize that every firearm that I have purchase thru a FFL is already recorded...The DMV has my picture... The DOD has my picture and finger prints, dental records... But to my credit, I do have the application in my laptop bag and have made an appointment with a co-worker to go down together and turn in the applications.

Charles

13. Abe Froman

Abe Froman West of Salem Active Member

No permit here. I have been open carrying since I was 18, and took the CHL class when I was 21, I just haven't ever applied for the permit.

14. NWMoss

NWMoss Lost, permanently... Member

Interesting to see who answers this question...

...especially after the fight to keep CCW info private in Washington County...

15. techieguy

And between the local trash newpaper and the fight in Washington County... Thanks for reminding me! I am happy with the "new" application check box about keeping your information private about your CHL.

Charles

16. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Law enforcement people need to check to make sure you haven't committed an offense that might prohibit your obtaining a license. They do not have ESP.

DOD is a separate database which LEOS can't access as far as I know, besides which soldiers have actually committed crimes after they were discharged, as incredible as it may seem. :)

17. Otis

Otis Vancouver, WA Member

WA and OR
    THe only way to go.

18. pdxjohann

pdxjohann Portland near Tigard Member

No, I do not have a permit. Perhaps, perhaps not in the future will I carry with a permit. Indeed, I appreciate all you conscientious neighbors who do carry with your permit or openly. Truly, I believe many assaults never are completed with the strong defense or anticipation of defense by self defense weapon; and so, never enter statistically by omission.

We in Oregon are ALL Oregonians. And, we must all stick together. We in the Northwest too must stick together... We Americans must also.

So, if I were to carry, my responsibility would increase many times. My responsibility to not injure by accident, responsibility for those near me in defense, responsibility in general society when trouble starts as I would have more means of counteraction. Much more training is needed to uphold these inherited duties properly.

19. techieguy

Now admittedly I'm not a LEO, but I assume they do most of the background investigation with your SSN and ODL... I don't imagine they run your fingerprints against all state and federal finger print db's. But I'm sure your finger prints are entered into the state finger print db.

I'm not saying all vet's are upstanding, but I believe they are more upstanding than the general populace...Now make the vet a gun owner and you have the cream of the crop:) IMHO In my experience gun owners are the best of the folks out there... vet or not.

20. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

Got the oregon one... Getting the Utah One here soon