JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
She's a new shooter only been to the range two times and shot my 9mm lol I'm not fan of the small guns but I'm getting that small one from a friend for a deal he wants to up grade so we going to be spending alot of time working on her trigger finger and other stuff so the adventure begins

Kinda funny but not I was with my friend from work last year showing him how to shoot I stood next to him as he was shooting my P89 OVER AND OVER AGAIN I SAID FINGER OF THE TRIGGER this like after a hour of the basics I reload a Mag hand it to him he puts it in racks the slide and BAM shoots the floor in front of the stall at the indoor range and looks at me like I did something to trick him LOL I JUST TOLD HIM THAT IS WHY YOU KEEP THAT F$%&+?#@ FINGER OF THE GOD DAM TRIGGER
This is why extremely late term abortions are a good idea.

I went to the range yesterday to site in my new crimson trace laser linq on my AR but I noticed a husband and wife there renting guns I saw them rent like 4 different hand guns all little one's like 380 and small 9mm so I asked them why they where renting so many he said my wife wants a gun so we are trying out different ones he knew a little bit bout guns but not alot so I tried to explain the heavy gun less recoil thing to them I think they got it I also asked are you going to carry it or is it just for the home and said if it's just for the home get a medium or full size hand gun 9mm or up the one you can shoot the best I don't like to tell people what to buy because everybody is different I guess my QUESTION is do you ever come across people that you just have to stop what you're doing and bud in and give advice to because she was really having a hard time shooting the small guns but did better when they got a bigger gun I hope I helped them but I don't like to do that unless they ask but yesterday I decided to be that guy
That was the longest sentence I have ever read.

Do I give advice to new shooters? No. Kinda like having me teaching the grandkids how to shoot. No, I don't. Too close for comfort. We have a couple of professional well trained firearms instructors to call upon.

Regarding use of my auto weapon, only if they really need instruction in which case they probably will not be shooting my auto weapon. The grandkids started out with one round in the mag. Then two. Then three.

No more than 3. The point was to maintain target contact with both eyes open using the USGI iron sites and concentrating on hitting the steel gong. The M2 Carbine tends to climb with long bursts. Thus having only three.

All Oregon State, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

I tend to stay to myself when I'm at the range. As it's been stated, when I'm in a groove, I do not like to be bothered.
If a person asks me a very basic question, I'll answer it and then ask them if they know they know the 4 basic rules of firearms. If they don't, I advise that's the first thing they should become familiar with. If they do, I tend to be a bit more open ear about any followup questions they may have.

I also set aside time for friends and family who have never shot before (doing my duty, one liberal at a time). I have a few different pistols in different calibers so they understand the importance of feel and recoil. I've noticed that when I do this, people who are new to the range tend to drift in my direction to hear what is being explained, or just ask me about questions (I do ignore dumb questions from the manly 21 year olds that are trying to head shoot their .45s and have landed 2 of 50 shots).
I make it a point that whomever I take to the range must be able to recite the rules and give brief explanations before we ever leave my house. When they haven't memorized them, my 11 year old boy rolls his eyes and yells at them about the rules, and gives the explanation of why they are important...At least I trained one right.

I run into new people with "troubles" at the BP range every now and then. Usually wait until it's pretty obvious they're stuck and then offer some help/suggestions in as friendly and non-judgmental a manner as I can muster. Most refuse the offer and go home with a load still stuck in the bore. Pretty sure they want to look up the answer on the internet. No sense listening to the guy that's been doing it for 40+ years. Even the ones that come over to me and ASK for advice often don't take it and end up going home with the aforementioned load still stuck in the bore. Go figure.

Note: The look of panic on a new BP shooters face when you suggest introducing WATER into the bore to loosen a stuck cleaning patch is priceless.

WATER IN A GUN??? Good God man, I'm not a Navy Seal!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I agree with you just poking a little fun...:D

I too have tried to help those who are in apparent need of assistance with something and have been dismissed as a know it all. Its to bad that people who need help but when they get it they feel the need to not take it as objective reasoning.

I have an obligation to insure my safety when shooting along side strangers and I give no bubblegums if the people next to me feels butthurt after a scolding for being unsafe or an idiot. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top