JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For most of that yeah. Not to mention when I CC or OC my woman does in fact feel safer.
She often doesn't bring hers and I get on her case.. But long story short, most of the folks who know me who don't carry, or perhaps forgot to carry generally admit (unprovoked) that they do feel much safer knowing there is someone with them who has the means to defend them and others in the room/area.

19. Your awareness of your surroundings is 100x higher than it was before you started carrying concealed.

I am preparing my wife to CC for this reason.

I OC'd my .357 while the kids Trick or treated last night, My costume was Rick Grimes From the "Walking Dead" Who Carries a 6" Stainless Colt Python with wood grips in a Black Drop holster. No one criticized the authenticity of my costume, in spite of the fact that I was carrying a 686 Plus with Hogue Grips in a tactical holster.

My wife and two other moms from the neighborhood were with us, both expressed that they felt safer being with us. The boys around the neighborhood would ask if it was real, the majority of them responded with a COOOOOOL!!! or something to that effect, when I told them it was. I felt like a good Pro 2A ambassador, to the next generation. No one gave me so much as a sideways look all night.

19. Your awareness of your surroundings is 100x higher than it was before you started carrying concealed.

I am preparing my wife to CC for this reason.

I OC'd my .357 while the kids Trick or treated last night, My costume was Rick Grimes From the "Walking Dead" Who Carries a 6" Stainless Colt Python with wood grips in a Black Drop holster. No one criticized the authenticity of my costume, in spite of the fact that I was carrying a 686 Plus with Hogue Grips in a tactical holster.

My wife and two other moms from the neighborhood were with us, both expressed that they felt safer being with us. The boys around the neighborhood would ask if it was real, the majority of them responded with a COOOOOOL!!! or something to that effect, when I told them it was. I felt like a good Pro 2A ambassador, to the next generation. No one gave me so much as a sideways look all night.

That is exactly what I'd do if I went trick/treating with my kids (when I have them).

Same here except different costume. Swat riot gear borrowed from a friend with a M&P 40 in a tactical holster. I like the cowboy style with the .357 though. Next year I may just be a Cowboy with a sp101 at my side. I have some vintage holsters. Had my kids, wife and 3 of my wifes friends with their kids who all said the same about feeling more comfortable this year with me as I was.

I don't know, I'm fairly new to CC and don't/can't carry as much as I'd like to. I thought the list was pretty good, maybe when I've been carrying as long as ol' Jammer up there I'll think it's "Horse Pucky" too.

"Awkward Hugs" LOL

Mike

'Awkward hugs'!

My GF will run her hand down my right side when she gives me a hug as I'm headed out the door. She always says 'be safe' if I ride the bike to work or head out to go play with the lads. I guess this is one more check to make sure that i'm taking care of myself!

I can't say I've had to adjust my hug pattern for anyone else...not that I am allowed to hug anyone else...of course.

Some of those 21 made me chuckle.....

13. You don't reach too high

Last spring my Wife and I went to the plant show at Canby fair grounds when a vendor was having trouble getting a hanging plant up.

I walked over and made the stretch, then asked my Wife did I just?...

She said "yes, but nobody seemed to care" :s0056:

Good times..

Many of the items on this list seem to be compiled by someone new to ccw and spends waaaay too much time thinking (obsessing) about it. I have been carrying for years. I long ago stopped caring if someone sees me print accidentally. I carry IWB as a rule, with a covering garment, so 99% of the time its invisible.

As far as I am concerned, I am exercising my God given right while protecting my family. Thats plenty enough to think (obsess about).

OC'd in a 7-11 for coffee.. gal at the register asked if it was real(9mm shield /phobus paddle holster).. I just responded "yes" and she asked if it was for hunting.. I smiled and said "no dear.. it's for personal protection to keep my family safe" and I walked out the door.. :cool:

When my daughter was 8 years old she would ask if I had my G...U... N... with me when we went out. For some reason she would spell gun out instead of just saying gun. Now that she is 21 she doesn't talk to me unless she needs something.

When my daughter was 8 years old she would ask if I had my G...U... N... with me when we went out. For some reason she would spell gun out instead of just saying gun. Now that she is 21 she doesn't talk to me unless she needs something.

Sigh

An eye opener was watching a friend open carry.
Out of any ten people, only three noticed. Out of those three, only one cared, and she didn't know what to do.

I am always amazed at the lack of situational awareness. A guy was OC-ing at Home Depot and as a watched with a smile, no one even noticed.

I while back I was sitting in the lobby of the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center in West Yellowstone holding an Osprey and only one guy noticed. The bird almost bit one lady as she walked by, but she didn't even notice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top