JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you ever carry in an ankle holster?

• Yes, I do!

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Yes, but only a backup piece. Primary is carried differently.

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • In the past; not now.

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • What is an ankle holster?

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • (Gasp!) Guns are scary and bad, you shouldn't carry them!

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
I did years back. The issue I had was if I needed to run or walk quickly I worried about it coming loose. I can see a reason for it, but I personally don't do it anymore. It's also quite slow to gain access if needed.

As a BUG holster. In my book ankle rig are a niche holster to be used "special" occasions.

S&W 442 Ken Null Ankle rig, but then the 442 has more holsters then all my handguns.

Last Edited:
During the work week/ day for about 24 years until I retired. Now more OWB hip nor so much ankle, depending on the social environment.
Chronological order; first eleven years with a 357 Sp101, about 7 years Keltec p32, four? years Glock 26, now sig365. (sometimes the Keltec)

I have had a couple different ones, and did try to make them work. Just never could stand it for long. By the time they started to make guns I could pocket carry and not feel like I had a rock in my pocket, I had given up on them. Now with some of the pistols I can pocket carry I think one would feel totally different. Like pocket carry so much though never tried another ankle carry rig.

I tried it, just never really got comfortable with it. However now with a lightweight LCR or polymer single 9 I may feel differently...

Tried it, briefly, when I was a young puke (without a carry permit), didn't like it. Handgun I used was too heavy. I didn't like having a weight on my leg. Not convenient or quick, best for when they've already disarmed you. Now you're in the meat locker in back, sitting on the floor, waiting to get shot in the face. Then you can reach down and ... Lots of times when civilians need a concealed weapon, it's for an ambush situation. If you're up on your situational awareness, you've got about half a minute to react.

For many many years, I carried every single day in a custom made 2 piece ankle holster that laces to to the outside of the G.I. Combat boot, it was simpley awesome for a small back up piece, and it is very secure, so I never had to worry about loosing my back up when running or other high stress/high impact use! I still have and use it, but I only have holsters for ether my 2" Smith Snubby .38 or my PPK! Need to have a new holster made for my Para WartHawg compact 1911 and/or my CZ-82 and I would start carrying again!

Here is my set up! Works awesome!

Two shot 38 derringer. "If I'm gonna get in a fist fight, I wanna put a couple of 38 holes in'm first!"

Alternate thread, 'Have you ever used the ankle strap on your gov issued GPS as a holster?'

I don't recall who made it as i got it a long time ago and there are no markings on it, I would imagine it would be easy to make, it's just a wrap of heavy leather with eyelets and the Kydex is riveted to it!;)
If ya wants one, I can make the leather part for ya, and we both know a guy who can make the Kydex holster!

I don't recall who made it as i got it a long time ago and there are no markings on it, I would imagine it would be easy to make, it's just a wrap of heavy leather with eyelets and the Kydex is riveted to it!;)
If ya wants one, I can make the leather part for ya, and we both know a guy who can make the Kydex holster!

Roger that.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads