JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I consider "Secure" in relative terms where ever I place a firearm, whether it be my vehicle (doors Locked) or residence with doors closed and locked to be SECURE...:eek::D

These idiotic Politicians need to stop trying to dictate and just uphold all current laws...

In the rare instance I'm forced to disarm and leave my pistol in the truck, I have a cabled lock box for it.

Could it still be stolen?

Sure, but the thief would have to have the right tools and time...unlikely.

Without going into details...I have a locker system in my truck , so when I travel with my display , the guns and gear are locked and secure.

With that said...
Even if I left a gun in full view , on the passenger seat , in the glove box or in the trunk...If someone broke into my truck or car and stole my gun...It its important to remember that someone , broke into my truck and car...they are the criminal , not me.
Granted...
Leaving valuables , of any type , out in plain sight , even in a locked car , is not a good idea ...nor is the glove box and trunk the most secure place.
Again I go back to , if your car is broken into , you are not the criminal , the thief is ....

Do I think that a locker system for a car is a good idea...Yes...Should there be a law or requirement to have one ...No.
Andy

2 teens driving stolen vehicle killed after slamming into house in New Jersey.
I think the question should be is your car secured. See thees headlines all the time.

I wouldn't consider a 2 ton ramming device capable of 100+ mph any less deadly than a FA in the hands of someone that would do harm... or the tire iron in the trunk, or the cigarette lighter in the ash tray......
it's pretty irrelevant imo.
Evil does evil regardless of the tool... it doesn't have to break into a car to find itself.

2 teens driving stolen vehicle killed after slamming into house in New Jersey.
I think the question should be is your car secured. See thees headlines all the time.

This is what I have been saying for a long time. How come crickets are all we hear when a car is stolen then used in a crime? Used to work at a large Hotel and we saw a LOT of idiots. Start the car, walk inside to eat and get coffee. Go back out, car is gone, here comes the screaming. It got so bad one winter city of Tacoma either did or was talking about making it a fine if you do this. They got so tired of the calls. Then a Deputy pulled this. Started car, went in to get coffee, car is gone. They soon found the car, minus the weapon he had in the trunk and his body armor. At the time I thought they should have at minimum made him pay for the lost stuff. Now if I had done this? If that gun got used in a crime? I doubt they would have just laughed it off.

Do you consider your gun secured if it's locked in your car?

How Do You Leave Firearms In The Car Responsibly? - USA Carry

Yes.
Below is a picture I pulled off the innerwebs a few years back as a model. I built a box like this one to fit the wife's H3 and ones similar to fit my 1 ton and the Jeep Cherokee. I am working on something that will fit into my wife's GL320CDI. It's a bit tougher because it needs to match the leather interior and look like it's factory.
Console Bunker.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads