JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No.

THink of it as a form of sleepwalking.

When I am asleep and dreaming, my body is not relatively "paralyzed" like most people. If I am scared enough in my dreams, I can kick or punch or do other things.

Everybody dreams they are doing things - right? Ever been in a fight in your dreams? Drive? Run? But your body doesn't actually move - you don't punch your bed or someone sleeping with you right? That is because your body has a switch that turns off its actions because it is supposed to in order to prevent you harming yourself or others.

Ever seen a dog run in its sleep?

That's me. Notice the dog biting something just after it gets up? It probably was dreaming of being chased by something.

Some people have a faulty switch to where they become afraid enough or angry enough in their dreams (nightmares), they can override that switch to one degree or another. Once they wake up they are fine. As they get older, they sometimes find that they do this more and more. Some people who never did this, find that when they get to to be a "senior citizen" they start doing it.

If I can manage to get out of bed, I wake up. It takes a supreme effort for me to get out of the bed while dreaming and that wakes me up.

Thanks for the explanation, Heretic! That sounds un fun. Once in my life I awakened with a .45 in my hand! A cocked and locked 1911 BTW. After that I cleared the chamber and placed it where I had to drop one foot to the floor to reach it.

Mines in an analog quick safe, chambered and extra mags. Hammer back to the first click and safety on.

I'd have to open the safe (2sec) and cock the hammer all the way but I prefer this too having to chamber a round where most failures happen.

I know I'll get one good round in.

There's always my pocket 9mm loaded and close by as well - SCCY CPX-2, no safety.

Sorry, I should have looked at the date.

I now have that person on ignore, but this is another common tactic of trolls so I should have been on the lookout. I am out of practice - it has been too long.:oops:

So many special and wonderful people on here, we have difficulty being dIks anymore!:D

So many special and wonderful people on here, we have difficulty being dIks anymore!:D

*^^ this one!!!!

This be excellent to each other stuff makes it hard to get rid of the trash without the admin or mods stepping in and banning them outright.

The sword cuts both ways...

I guess the ignore button is the only option at this point.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top