JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes and no. Yes when doing a jog, hike, bicycling, etc. No when at the public gym, which I'm at most days of the week. (Also, during the crap years, I setup a mini-gym at my office; bench, leg press, free weights, speedbag, et al., along with a small shower. There is a piece accessible to me whilst there, but not on my person.)

I don't. I go 5 days a week and leave it in the truck.
When I swam I had to of course leave it behind but even back then it was "be careful". Scum even back then made a point of breaking into cars in the damn lot. Knowing full well many left stuff there as the lockers were also broken into. Often wished the gym would put some kind of pay lockers right in the front where the staff was. I would have paid. So what I did was had a place to lock in up in the vehicle that was hard to see if you did not know it was there and make sure NOTHING was in plain sight to attract the scum. No pro 2A bumper stickers either. Nothing to make me stand out to the scum. Kind of sad we have to live like that but it is what it is:(

Couldn't see working out at the gym even with a small carry like a Ruger 380. Just too awkward and impossible to manipulate with that needed flexibility.
Could you imagine the snowflakes if you dropped it or it came loose? Geezus!! LOL - Like this:

Fanny packing is the way to go. Or so I have read.
Unless you are doing hand stands, tumbling, maybe rings or parallel bars they work great. A hell of a lot of people still just can't get over the part of their mind that makes them think others think they are "off" due to wearing one. Hey odds are with them. Many refuse to own a gun at all. Most of them go their entire life and never need a gun so they are fine. So those who choose not to carry will most likely go through life and never miss the gun they don't have. Me? I choose to have one and hope to never again need it. To each their own.

Fanny packing is the way to go. Or so I have read.
What I don't get is why some people are okay with a fanny pack, but aren't okay with a gun with a safety or carrying without a round in the chamber. They come up with all these scenarios where you wouldn't be able to defend yourself (python has your left arm AND bad guy shoots off your right safety thumb) but are fine with the fanny pack.

Unless you are doing hand stands, tumbling, maybe rings or parallel bars they work great. A hell of a lot of people still just can't get over the part of their mind that makes them think others think they are "off" due to wearing one. Hey odds are with them. Many refuse to own a gun at all. Most of them go their entire life and never need a gun so they are fine. So those who choose not to carry will most likely go through life and never miss the gun they don't have. Me? I choose to have one and hope to never again need it. To each their own.
4g1ymqcc32371.jpg

What I don't get is why some people are okay with a fanny pack, but aren't okay with a gun with a safety or carrying without a round in the chamber. They come up with all these scenarios where you wouldn't be able to defend yourself (python has your left arm AND bad guy shoots off your right safety thumb) but are fine with the fanny pack.
Well I wouldn't carry a gun unloaded. I also wouldn't carry a gun with a manual safety. With that being said I WOULD carry a gun in a Fanny pack or chest rig as long as the trigger guard was secured and attached to the bag so when pulled the pistol the holster is retained in the pack.

I see some guys at the gym wearing pretty heavy workout jackets or hoodies and now I know why. I wear a mankini and there is just no place to hide my carry.

Places like that are where I applaud others carrying because my personal safety is in their hands since COPS are many minutes after the fact. Just about anywhere I go, especially if not armed, I look for exits and stay aware of my surroundings.

I go to a PDX strip club now and then and know the owner. He lets me carry there although they have a no-carry policy. Convinced him by saying look, this place is ripe for an angry guy to get even with the world ....... not allowing legal carry here is just f-ing stupid.

If riding my (mostly) road bike on one of my neighborhood loops I usually do not carry a firearm. I do however carry an easily accessible impact weapon and a knife. I will carry my 649 if riding longer distance and/or on the numerous walking/bike paths in the area, or going to sit in the shade and read in a favorite city park or the marina. If I can ride my bike to the gym, then I will have the impact weapon and a small knife. If I drive, which is a majority of the time in the winter and early spring, then I will just have a knife clipped in the pocket of my pants or shorts.

Nope. Not at gym or on bike unless I'm in DNR lands scouting or just hiking. Not while fishing either. I feel safe in my kayak or canoe. Even while in the parking lot. My catalytic converter is concerned though.

I run in the woods 3 times a week. I've tried carrying a small .380, but with athletic shorts, it pulls them down or shakes around too much. I've since been carrying a cold steel voyager, and pray that I don't need to fend off a cougar.
I'm pretty confident I could run from most two legged encounters, and an aggressive dog is really my only other concern.

I rock fanny packs, but they shake around too much for running in.

I run in the woods 3 times a week. I've tried carrying a small .380, but with athletic shorts, it pulls them down or shakes around too much. I've since been carrying a cold steel voyager, and pray that I don't need to fend off a cougar.
I'm pretty confident I could run from most two legged encounters, and an aggressive dog is really my only other concern.

I rock fanny packs, but they shake around too much for running in.
I agree. The Fanny pack has to much movement while running. I'd be interested in trying out something like this chest rig.

8DC2651E-BE6A-4224-91F5-12205EDA3104.jpeg

Workout at home, saves money for more ammo and you can sport whatever gun you wish nearby without alarming others.

Going to the gym to pick up gym bunnies is another story, and for that you need a different kind of protection.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top