JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First I never carry concealed although I do have an licence I would like to but have not found a comfy gun that I can conceal yet(at least to my liking)

And anyone besides myself get this mental picture of some balding over weight nekkid guy with a glock taped to his belly and split a gut laughin? I will never surf craigs list again and be albe to keep a straight face!!!

Steven

I carry mine everywhere that's legal, except church. Even to work.

Why work and not to Church? No bad people go to church? Lots of people focused on other things, putting money onto plates being passed around....

Just askin'. :D

To many other posters here, I have these words of experience to offer. Take them for what they are, my experiences, and crappy ones at that:

In my humble opinion, if someone wants to carry a gun, they should at ALL times. None of this, "not at church", or "not to the grocery store", or "not to Grandma's house," stuff. Statistics prove we are most vulnerable when our guard is down, especially when doing mundane practices, like grocery shopping, or getting gas in the car after a busy day. All valid places to carry. Walk out the door, it's on and there she stays until I bed in for the night.

My point is, if you're going to carry, do it, and do it right. Pick the right gun(it will probably never be "comfortable" so to speak but we all learn to adapt), conceal it well, train with it, be confident but not cocky. Have a positive attitude and try to avoid having to shoot someone! :s0155:

In my humble opinion, if someone wants to carry a gun, they should at ALL times. None of this, "not at church", or "not to the grocery store", or "not to Grandma's house," stuff. Statistics prove we are most vulnerable when our guard is down, especially when doing mundane practices, like grocery shopping, or getting gas in the car after a busy day. All valid places to carry. Walk out the door, it's on and there she stays until I bed in for the night.

My point is, if you're going to carry, do it, and do it right. Pick the right gun(it will probably never be "comfortable" so to speak but we all learn to adapt), conceal it well, train with it, be confident but not cocky. Have a positive attitude and try to avoid having to shoot someone! :s0155:

I totally agree! Everywhere. All the time.

I ALWAYS have my handgun on my person, even while in my house or working outside. My rifle is also seldom far away. It's like life insurance. You should always have it while hoping that you will never need it.

All the time. For those who only carry part time, heres a thought; suppose you rarely carry, but one day you are, and you are forced to use it to defend yourself or others. You end up in court, defending your actions. Either some idiot D.A. looking to make an example of you for his own political reasons, or more likely an attorney working for the person or family of the person you shot, asks you this question: "So you had a gun with you at the time of the shooting?" "Yes." "Do you always carry a gun with you all the time?" "No." "Then why were you carrying a gun on the day in question?" If you say "Because I was going into a bad part of town" or "I felt I might need it" you are going to be in trouble. The lawyer will use your own words, and the fact that you yourself said that you don"t carry all the time, to "prove" that you pre-meditated your "attack" on the bad guy! After all, why else would you have chosen this particular time to carry a gun? Why, its obvious that you cockily went out armed looking for trouble! You swaggering redneck bas#$&d! Just my 2 cents.

I carry mine everywhere that's legal, except church. Even to work.

For the longest time I had explained to my minister/close friend why I carried at church, hi didn't forbid me, but he never saw the reason. But about 3 weeks ago I was walking up to church about 15min late two Portland PD SUV's pulled up and aimed the weapons at myself a stranger and a minister on the front porch, they then proceeded to search and cuff the stranger. The minister looked at me and asked if I was carrying, then he instructed me to go into the auditorium to make sure everything was okay. Turns out some drugged out psycho was seen waving a gun around, and yelling racial slurs, and when he saw the cops coming he hid in the church.

In the aftermath they turned out to be painted airsoft guns, but all the same, both my minister and I were very glad I decided to carry that sunday.

For the longest time I had explained to my minister/close friend why I carried at church, hi didn't forbid me, but he never saw the reason. But about 3 weeks ago I was walking up to church about 15min late two Portland PD SUV's pulled up and aimed the weapons at myself a stranger and a minister on the front porch, they then proceeded to search and cuff the stranger. The minister looked at me and asked if I was carrying, then he instructed me to go into the auditorium to make sure everything was okay. Turns out some drugged out psycho was seen waving a gun around, and yelling racial slurs, and when he saw the cops coming he hid in the church.

In the aftermath they turned out to be painted airsoft guns, but all the same, both my minister and I were very glad I decided to carry that sunday.

It seems strange, but I take it to church but I don't carry it in. It's interesting you talked to your pastor about it. I think I'd feel more comfortable carrying it in if I spoke with the Pastor first. Same with other peoples homes. I don't carry it into a friends house without their permission. Especially if they have kids.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top