JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That whole post is ignoring one of the fundamental rules of statistics. That rule being that random occurrences are virtually unpredictable. Also, what does bravery have to do with preparedness? After 8yrs in the military I have walked most of those same streets and that has no relevance on the circumstances at play in my daily life. :)

The funny thing about handguns is I carry one because I dont think I am going to need it. If I thought I was going to need it - I wouldn't go. And if I had to go I would bring a rifle, all the ammo and armor I could carry and as many friends as I have. So - the handgun is the gun I carry when I am not carrying a gun.

Absolutely Right!

Sometimes I think about leaving it at home. But then I hear a wee small voice saying "Baaa".
Yes, I always carry.

Yes, everywhere allowed by law.
It is better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

As for those who say if you thought you might need it, don't go there... you can't always determine where/when you might need it. That is why most of us carry.
It is like wearing a seatbelt- you don't wear one expecting to get into an accident.
You wear one in case you get into an accident, hence why they are called "accidents". You just don't know when it may happen.

The "no carry in bars" restriction has always been kinda frustrating. I understand the rationale behind this restriction.

I have never understood the rational behind this restriction. Can anyone enlighten me?

I believe I have the right to go where there is public entertainment if I so choose -and the responsibility to be safe. I would not choose to go to a bar with a reputation for gang violence, but I might choose to go to a concert hall (e.g., The Moore Theatre in Seattle) with a bar and perhaps (gasp!) have a drink during intermission. And we might stop and have another drink (double gasp!) in Belltown on the way to the car.

Call me an irresponsible scoff-law - but I won't be disarmed by foolish politicians compromising my constitutional rights and my safety.

In any case, it will be a complete non-issue unless I'm faced with lethal criminal violence. At that point, breaking the prohibition against carrying in a bar will be the least of my worries.

I carry most everywhere , I dont think one can really decide ahead of time when they might need it or not , every night i turn on the news there are more muggings , robberys kidnapings , and its everywhere . Every day another bank gets robbed , or convieniant store , or tanning salon , or nail salon , bars robbed or night club shootings , old ladys getting assaulted and cars jacked .... people getting assualted on bus lines or max lines .... its a crazy world .

RCW 9.41.300
Weapons prohibited in certain places — Local laws and ordinances — Exceptions — Penalty.

"(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age"

RCW 9.41.280
Possessing dangerous weapons on school facilities — Penalty — Exceptions.

"(1) It is unlawful for a person to carry onto, or to possess on, public or private elementary or secondary school premises, school-provided transportation, or areas of facilities while being used exclusively by public or private schools:

(a) Any firearm;

(b) Any other dangerous weapon as defined in RCW 9.41.250;"

Found all of the above, here: http://search.leg.wa.gov/wslrcw/RCW%20%20%209%20%20TITLE/RCW%20%20%209%20.%2041%20%20CHAPTER/RCW%20%20%209%20.%2041%20%20chapter.htm

With that said, I carry lots of places but I'm not going to state them online.

And, as stated by many others:

1: "It's better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it."
2: "I'd rather be judged by 12, then carried by 6."

Concealed carry is just that, concealed. If you don't tell people and they shouldn't know. Also, make sure your non-carrying friends understand not to touch you there and draw attention to the fact that you may have a gun on you. If they don't understand, don't hang out with them. This is a very serious subject, not to be taken as a novelty!

It's YOUR responsibility to conceal your weapon. Wear the proper weapon, holster and clothing for the times presented, try to not show your "ticks", like pulling your shirt down, tugging up on your pants, repositioning your gun, etc.

Lots goes into this and many folks don't look at every instance. I say, "either carry all the time, or none of the time, cause that one time you don't figure you need it, you'll wish you had strapped it on."

Stay safe and stay prepared!

Mike

Unfortunately, no. And ironically, I cant carry at a place where I seem to feel the least safe. College campus! Sitting in a crowded lecture hall with 2 exits, 50-75 people, and cramped spaces...it would be the first place a maniac would enter.

As long as it's not prohibited by law, I carry. That included PCC when I was a student. The P3AT is your friend ;)

Call me an irresponsible scoff-law - but I won't be disarmed by foolish politicians compromising my constitutional rights and my safety.

In any case, it will be a complete non-issue unless I'm faced with lethal criminal violence. At that point, breaking the prohibition against carrying in a bar will be the least of my worries.

+1. And two.

This has always been my philosophy. No one has a right to say you can't protect yourself. I don't much care if it's "Against the law" or "Rules".

Every day, everywhere i go. Unless i'm drinking, working in my place of business, or in a post office or other unauthorized building (such as my kids' school). You must be careful when & where you carry your firearm! Familiarize yourself with the laws in your state and city. Protecting yourself doesn't just mean carry a gun!

I had someone comming over to buy something from me off craigslist the other day. So I concealed a handgun on myself. My wife decided that it was crazy of me to do so and that it was illegal. I cant see any reson why it is illegal for me to conceal carry in my own home even if I dont have a license to do so? Am I wrong? I thought it was a good idea. Who knows what type of person could be showing up at my door.

I had someone comming over to buy something from me off craigslist the other day. So I concealed a handgun on myself. My wife decided that it was crazy of me to do so and that it was illegal. I cant see any reson why it is illegal for me to conceal carry in my own home even if I dont have a license to do so? Am I wrong? I thought it was a good idea. Who knows what type of person could be showing up at my door.

Dude. In your own home you can run around with a gun duct-taped to your belly if you want. Now the neighbors might ask you to close the blinds and all...

Last Edited:
I think wearing a bathing suit with your pistol duct-taped to your leg would be a real fashion statement, the next time somebody drops by to purchase a TV or something.

No seriously, you're completely within the law to carry in your residence, at least as of this week, anyway. :s0131:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top