Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Do you carry every where you go?

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by Tactical SS, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Tactical SS

Tactical SS Washington Member

Just wondering how many people here carry a handgun every where they go. I typically do except when I go to work because they will fire us on the spot if they find out we have one. Even if it's in the car, so I just don't want to risk it.

2. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

Besides work, just about everywhere else, yes.

3. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Yup, everywhere.

Even if my work said no. Still would. :)

4. Doubletap

Doubletap Newberg Well-Known Member

Unless it's prohibited by law..absolutely..no exceptions..

5. emanon

emanon SE Portland, Oregon Member

I go armed everywhere I go. :)

Ideally with one or more guns on me or within arms reach but if that is not practical / legally permissible, then with whatever I am "allowed" to have: knives, OC, flashlights, a sturdy pen, etc.

6. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Yes, and did back when I worked for a company that prohibited firearms, too. I worked there 4 years and no one ever knew. They were not able to see through my right front pocket to see the S&W 638 sitting in there inside a Desantis Nemisis holster.

They still don't know, and I have maintained contact with several former co-workers.

Don't try this at home and YMMV. :)

7. cackman

cackman Portland Member

Yup, everywhere except places prohibited by LAW. This does not include so-called "gun free" zones:D

I go for the don't ask don't policy at work;)

8. stitchclimber

stitchclimber St. Louis Active Member

Wouldn't you like to know.

9. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Moses Lake, WA Active Member

I have carried every day for almost 50 years, now. When I was working for the school district, nobody ever asked me why I parked "off premises." I wasn't the only one. ;)

Pops

10. Deavis

Deavis Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

Like the American Express card commercial....

11. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Yep!

12. caliber bob

caliber bob Yamhill County, OR. Member

My boss carries his in his car in the work parking lot, so I carry at work too. EVERYWHERE!!!:thumbup:

13. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

I always carry, even if it's just my little naa revolver. Better safe than sorry.

14. Deavis

Deavis Mid Willamette Valley Active Member

The funny thing about handguns is I carry one because I dont think I am going to need it. If I thought I was going to need it - I wouldn't go. And if I had to go I would bring a rifle, all the ammo and armor I could carry and as many friends as I have. So - the handgun is the gun I carry when I am not carrying a gun.

15. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

If I am outside my front door I am usually carrying. Heck, I am even carrying inside it sometimes. I forget to take it off. :)

16. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

No - because I can't at work and various other places prohibited by State law. As a result, it's kinda hit-or-miss whether I carry.

The "no carry in bars" restriction has always been kinda frustrating. I understand the rationale behind this restriction. However, some of the local bars are in pretty sketchy parts of town (Pioneer Square, Belltown, etc.) and those are precisely the areas where I'd like to carry.

17. caliber bob

caliber bob Yamhill County, OR. Member

Interesting?!?!?!? I like it.

18. The Duck

The Duck Oregon Active Member

I use my sidearm only to get me to my rifle...

But that aside, I only carry when I am hiking, camping or on a road trip… I might be scalded here, but I don’t really feel I need my sidearm to buy milk…

I am a huge gun rights man, military member and firearm collector, but Albertsons is not a huge threat to me after what I have seen in life…

19. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

In these days of random mass violence coupled with rising gang violence, most of it taking place in public places like malls and shopping centers, I feel that the times I most need it is when in a public place like a supermarket.

20. The Duck

The Duck Oregon Active Member

I am a aeronautical engineer and feel that I have a greater chance of dying from a plane crash than gang or random violence…

For the Gang and Random Violence;

Yes, I would carry if I was going into north Portland and walking the streets, but then again, if I needed a gun, why would I go in the first place… I have walked the streets of Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq… These are places which I wish that none of you have to walk, but the closest you will get are the bad neighborhood of Portland. If you can avoid doing so, why wouldn’t you.

Albertsons in Wilsonville is quite safe to me and I feel no need to carry. If the day that a gang member attacks me or puts a full fledge assault on the supermarket, I have faith in my training and instinct to keep myself out of harms way and confront an attacker as needed…

P.S. I have no problem raining down fiery H*ll onto any person who tries to harm myself, family or friends… I have many medals including a Bronze Star to prove so…