JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering how many people here carry a handgun every where they go. I typically do except when I go to work because they will fire us on the spot if they find out we have one. Even if it's in the car, so I just don't want to risk it.

I go armed everywhere I go. :)

Ideally with one or more guns on me or within arms reach but if that is not practical / legally permissible, then with whatever I am "allowed" to have: knives, OC, flashlights, a sturdy pen, etc.

Yes, and did back when I worked for a company that prohibited firearms, too. I worked there 4 years and no one ever knew. They were not able to see through my right front pocket to see the S&W 638 sitting in there inside a Desantis Nemisis holster.

They still don't know, and I have maintained contact with several former co-workers.

Don't try this at home and YMMV. :)

The funny thing about handguns is I carry one because I dont think I am going to need it. If I thought I was going to need it - I wouldn't go. And if I had to go I would bring a rifle, all the ammo and armor I could carry and as many friends as I have. So - the handgun is the gun I carry when I am not carrying a gun.

No - because I can't at work and various other places prohibited by State law. As a result, it's kinda hit-or-miss whether I carry.

The "no carry in bars" restriction has always been kinda frustrating. I understand the rationale behind this restriction. However, some of the local bars are in pretty sketchy parts of town (Pioneer Square, Belltown, etc.) and those are precisely the areas where I'd like to carry.

The funny thing about handguns is I carry one because I dont think I am going to need it. If I thought I was going to need it - I wouldn't go. And if I had to go I would bring a rifle, all the ammo and armor I could carry and as many friends as I have. So - the handgun is the gun I carry when I am not carrying a gun.

Interesting?!?!?!? I like it.

I use my sidearm only to get me to my rifle...

But that aside, I only carry when I am hiking, camping or on a road trip… I might be scalded here, but I don’t really feel I need my sidearm to buy milk…

I am a huge gun rights man, military member and firearm collector, but Albertsons is not a huge threat to me after what I have seen in life…

But that aside, I only carry when I am hiking, camping or on a road trip… I might be scalded here, but I don’t really feel I need my sidearm to buy milk…
In these days of random mass violence coupled with rising gang violence, most of it taking place in public places like malls and shopping centers, I feel that the times I most need it is when in a public place like a supermarket.

In these days of random mass violence coupled with rising gang violence, most of it taking place in public places like malls and shopping centers, I feel that the times I most need it is when in a public place like a supermarket.

I am a aeronautical engineer and feel that I have a greater chance of dying from a plane crash than gang or random violence...

For the Gang and Random Violence;

Yes, I would carry if I was going into north Portland and walking the streets, but then again, if I needed a gun, why would I go in the first place... I have walked the streets of Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq... These are places which I wish that none of you have to walk, but the closest you will get are the bad neighborhood of Portland. If you can avoid doing so, why wouldn't you.

Albertsons in Wilsonville is quite safe to me and I feel no need to carry. If the day that a gang member attacks me or puts a full fledge assault on the supermarket, I have faith in my training and instinct to keep myself out of harms way and confront an attacker as needed...

P.S. I have no problem raining down fiery H*ll onto any person who tries to harm myself, family or friends... I have many medals including a Bronze Star to prove so...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top