JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Will the AWB pass?

• Total voters
I think yes. Why? 20 six year olds shot dead in school have so much more influence on general public opinion than a couple of dead adults in a shopping mall. People are being driven by emotion.

Do I want it to pass? hells no. Even if it doesn't, I think there is a high probability that a 10 round limit on mags will, if not federally, then definitely in our State.

Please read this: An opinion on gun control « Monster Hunter Nation

and this: The AnarchAngel : Stupidity, Politics, and Math

and then see if you still feel the same way.

I think yes. Why? 20 six year olds shot dead in school have so much more influence on general public opinion than a couple of dead adults in a shopping mall. People are being driven by emotion.

Do I want it to pass? hells no. Even if it doesn't, I think there is a high probability that a 10 round limit on mags will, if not federally, then definitely in our State.

I'm terrified a state level one could easily pass, I just found out that state rep, Ben Unger, has not been approached by a single pro-gun group. Meanwhile Ceasefire Oregon and a bunch of concerned moms have been in contact with him. For the time being our representatives have been the Washington county Sheriff and the district attorney in Clackamas. I mean WTF?! While there are no ranges in Washington county, much less anywhere near western Washington county thanks to the Tillamook forest, but why hasn't tri-county invited them all down for a meet and greet hands on day?

If this is the best we're managing, we're screwed!

Do you believe that this AWB will pass? Why?
I hope not, but I fear the tide is moving in that direction. I also fear that over time there is going to be a larger divergence in the issue; a bigger line in the sand. *We* have "flown under the radar" for some time now and now the issue is in everybody's face and "must be dealt with." The Politicians will play their games and those with an agenda or stake-in-the-game are gonna be dukin it out. Ultimately, something will probably be passed, how restrictive or watered-down it is, we'll have to wait and see.

I'm terrified a state level one could easily pass, I just found out that state rep, Ben Unger, has not been approached by a single pro-gun group. Meanwhile Ceasefire Oregon and a bunch of concerned moms have been in contact with him. For the time being our representatives have been the Washington county Sheriff and the district attorney in Clackamas. I mean WTF?! While there are no ranges in Washington county, much less anywhere near western Washington county thanks to the Tillamook forest, but why hasn't tri-county invited them all down for a meet and greet hands on day?

If this is the best we're managing, we're screwed!

Move North or Move East.. I don't think Oregon has a great future, especially with all the anti-gun liberals that are flocking to Portland from Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and New York.. Even Seattle, I think has a better future, as there is a more Conservative element outside the city, as well as more blue collar type people due to all the industry. I've come to the conclusion Oregon is more liberal than Washington. I'm more or less an Oregonian native.

Move North or Move East.. I don't think Oregon has a great future, especially with all the anti-gun liberals that are flocking to Portland from Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and New York.. Even Seattle, I think has a better future, as there is a more Conservative element outside the city, as well as more blue collar type people due to all the industry. I've come to the conclusion Oregon is more liberal than Washington. I'm more or less an Oregonian native.

I'm thinking this may be the case too. I'm an Oregon native and my family moved here over a hundred years ago. I really hope this state doesn't change enough to chase me away.

I voted yes, not that I want an AWB, I just that I feel the shear number of people out there don't quite get what the main problem is. I think the ban will be very similar, if not exactly, like the Clinton one (Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994). The main difference is the new one, I fear, will not be temporary.

This, it will be a mix of the 94 ban, California/Illinois/NY bans....

They can try to ban all guns and magazines for them they want,I still have my guns and hicap mags now and I will still have them when they pass something to limit them.It is starting to look more and more like we might have to fight our increasingly tyrannical government pretty soon,when that time comes I will be ready.

With how badly the Democratic Party was beaten after the 94 AWB I don't think they will do it again. They are going o make the bill super extreme, the repubs will fight it and then the Dems can say they tried but, the NRA is so evil and they give so much money to repubs that it didn't pass. It's all a game.

I'm a recreational shooter, I enjoy plinking and target shooting. I am SO tired of seeing stories about killings EVERY DAY in the news. I don't think an assault rifle ban will change anything, but I can understand how a limit to magazine capacity could possibly help.
Please don't tear me a new one, but I am willing to concede that if it might save a few lives in our country I'd be wiling to stop to reload a little more often. I know that it's an erosion of rights, and that it doesn't address the underlying issues in our society, but I can see how it might make it a little harder for a nut to kill so many people at one time.

I'm a recreational shooter, I enjoy plinking and target shooting. I am SO tired of seeing stories about killings EVERY DAY in the news. I don't think an assault rifle ban will change anything, but I can understand how a limit to magazine capacity could possibly help.
Please don't tear me a new one, but I am willing to concede that if it might save a few lives in our country I'd be wiling to stop to reload a little more often. I know that it's an erosion of rights, and that it doesn't address the underlying issues in our society, but I can see how it might make it a little harder for a nut to kill so many people at one time.

This last crazy had 2 9mm handguns and a shotgun in the trunk how many kids would have been saved if he only had 10 round magazine in the AR? How many would have been saved if he was met at the door by someone armed? How many people did Charles Whitman kill with a bolt action Rem 700?. Back in the civil war people carried as many Colts as they could because they couldn't reload same thing here, if some crazy is heart set on killing as many people as he can there are far deadlier ways to get it done.. Are we going to limit the number of BB's in a shotgun shell? Make all guns single shot? Point is if it isn't truly going to help the situation in any way why take my freedom away?

With how badly the Democratic Party was beaten after the 94 AWB I don't think they will do it again. They are going o make the bill super extreme, the repubs will fight it and then the Dems can say they tried but, the NRA is so evil and they give so much money to repubs that it didn't pass. It's all a game.

That's almost 19 years ago, multiple political careers can occur in that time. Don't be too sure.

I don't think an assault rifle ban will change anything, but I can understand how a limit to magazine capacity could possibly help.

How? Please help me understand. :)

Won't happen. Too many Democrats lost their jobs in DC after the '94 ban, they remember. They'll grand stand for a while but when it comes time, they'll find a way to slip out from under it. Hardliners like Feinstein and McCarthy will be up in arms but that is their role. Trust me, Reid is sweating it out right now waiting for some other world crisis to take center stage so our attention will be focused elsewhere.

I will tear you a new one for allowing the liberal talk/MSM sway you. Our right to bear arms shall not be infringed. Sound familiar? How dare you give up my rights so that you feel better.

Do you realize that our current trending of mass murder fatalities it will take us 310 years to reach the number people/kids that drown to death in one year? Go ban high capacity bodies of water. That will save lives.

Also, don't join a gun board and start talking compromising our rights. Wrong target audience. Try here instead.
On The Left

If something happens I'll bet it won't be any sort of a ban but massive restrictions like the State of California has. With the 10 round mag caps, and making the magazine interchangeability much more difficult (Forcing some sort of tool to drop the magazine) I think the liberals know a full out AWB will start a hell storm they're not willing to fight.
Besides the fact that they'll be forced to grandfather in all the existing hi-cap mags and weapons out there already which they just scared the people into adding millions more magazines and hundreds of thousands of additional guns into the current circulation. Kudos to Obama for finally creating a stimulus package that worked!

Last Edited:
I will tear you a new one for allowing the liberal talk/MSM sway you. Our right to bear arms shall not be infringed. Sound familiar? How dare you give up my rights so that you feel better.

Do you realize that our current trending of mass murder fatalities it will take us 310 years to reach the number people/kids that drown to death in one year? Go ban high capacity bodies of water. That will save lives.

Also, don't join a gun board and start talking compromising our rights. Wrong target audience. Try here instead.
On The Left

Just exercising my right of free speech. You don't want to take that from me, do you?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top