JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
common sense
-sĕn′sĭ-kəl
noun
1. Sound judgment not based on specialized knowledge.
2. An internal sense, formerly believed to be the sense by which information from the other five senses is understood and interpreted.
3. Ordinary sensibleunderstanding; one's basic intelligence which allows for plain understanding and without which good decisions or judgments cannot be made.
4. sound practical judgment
adjective
1. exhibiting native good judgment
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

So, if we look at number 1 on the list "sound judgment NOT based on specialized knowledge."

Does this sound familiar to any one as politicians make laws, not knowing a dang thing about guns. You know things like "the shoulder thingy that goes up", or the "30-bullet magazine clip" or "ghost gun".

Now they want an ATF director that does not own a gun or has ever been issued one in any of his duties possibly telling us what the definition of one is.

This is the directions and the thought process of our politicians that fixes nothing and harasses honest folks, they do not know what it is but it looks scary and anti-gun folks say they should ban it.

Look at New York and all their common-sense gun laws and how well they are working, it makes you proud to be an American doesn't it.

So no, as there is no common-sense in politics or from politicians so I do not want them telling me what I should or should not have.

Shall no be infringed!

I believe we should have common sense gun laws and here's why. If a stupid politician makes a stupid gun law I should be able to use common sense to ignore the stupid law. Other common sense laws: If a law abiding citizens choose to use illegal drugs they should be required to register with the fire dept. and inform them of there drug of choice and amount so they how to save them. For hard drugs like heroine and Methamphetamine they should be required to pass a course showing they are trained on how to properly administer the drug and dose. Drunk drive should be required to pass a drunk driving test while, at high speeds with spiked tires or face severe penalties and fees.
I see no common sense in any of what you propose, and not just on the gun thing. If a behavior or item is illicit/unlawful, there is a penalty for being caught with/doing it. Passing a law that says people who unlawfully possess something or who perform an illicit behavior need to register with the government, take a class, or do the hokey-pokey violates their 5th amendment protection against self-incrimination, because (a) it compels them to name themselves to the government in regards to that subject or face additional consequences, and (b) their name on that list would be evidence against them in trial when they are charged with performing that behavior or possessing that item.

The same logic can be applied to lists of legal items or activities that some argue should be documented "in the interests of public safety" (i.e. lists of guns, gun owners, ammo type and quantity, trained persons, etc) - just because it's legal now doesn't mean it will be later. The ATF building a defacto gun registry in willful violation of the Firearm Owners Protection Act is a big deal and an ominous sign of things to come because once you have a list of gun owners, you are one step closer to gun confiscation and tyranny.

In short, hard "no" from me.

how about we delete everything and let people defend themselves as best they can afford.

can any of you afford a nuke? how about a howitzer? or even an m240b? no? me either. problem solved.
M240B? Too easy. A howitzer? Yeah, I could do it. A nuke, Naah... too rich for my blood...

Here's my common sense gun law
The Eddie Eagle gun safety program is taught to every Kindergartner in every school in the US.
Basic gun safety will be taught in the 8th grade.

The fringe is a little "out there", but those panty lines simply will not do... :s0002:
Eh, I dunno. Seeing the panty line can give one some imagination.. yeah, probably more titillating for a horny adolscent... but some grown men are like that yanno?

Kinda like this hilarious example ;) n-photo-u1.jpeg

Search "unnecessary censorship bars"; plenty of that particularly with women's beach volleyball

I believe we should have common sense gun laws and here's why. If a stupid politician makes a stupid gun law I should be able to use common sense to ignore the stupid law. Other common sense laws: If a law abiding citizens choose to use illegal drugs they should be required to register with the fire dept. and inform them of there drug of choice and amount so they how to save them. For hard drugs like heroine and Methamphetamine they should be required to pass a course showing they are trained on how to properly administer the drug and dose. Drunk drive should be required to pass a drunk driving test while, at high speeds with spiked tires or face severe penalties and fees.
I do not believe in any common sense laws because those words have different meanings to individuals, cops, feds, conservative and communist lefty's. Hell! I'm still trying to figure out what a dis-functional family is???

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top