JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Firearms
What is the rule for sight adjustment in shooting a pistol?
Move the REAR sight left/right opposite the direction you want to move the strike of the bullet. Move it up/down in the same direction you want the strike of the bullet to move.

I found this on a gun site. I keep thinking of FORS.

I would assume the same for a pistol.as a rifle
FORS front the opposite direction rears the same. Meaning if you move the front to the left shot placement will move to the right. You move the rear sight to the right your shot impact will move to the right
This logic has worked for me

In the above statement it says to move the rear sight opposite for right and left. Wrong

Than it says to move it in the same direction for up and down. Correct

FORS. Lowering the front sight requires you to raise the muzzle to obtain the sight picture. This will cause POI to be higher. Raise the sight blade, the muzzle has to be lowered, bringing POI down.

If you move the rear sight left, you have to chase it with the front sight to the left, moving POI left. Same thing to the right.

Duck tape a rear sight on a pencil.

Place the pencil on the rear of the slide with the paper sight 4 inches to the left of the rear sight.

Did the muzzle turn to the left or the right?

This method also works with elevation.

Adjusting pistol sights? I just put badass tritium night sights on my pistols and they instantly make me an "operator".

:p

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR