JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We don't need anything. An armed guard in the theater would probably not have been able to do anything in this particular situation. Tear-gas, hundreds of screaming running people and a guy wearing a BP vest? Not even if three or four people were carrying in that theater. AND THEY MAY HAVE BEEN, would it have made any difference. This isn't Hollywood, it's real life.

Stuff happens. There is no such thing as perfect security. Deal with it.

We don't need anything. An armed guard in the theater would probably not have been able to do anything in this particular situation. Tear-gas, hundreds of screaming running people and a guy wearing a BP vest? Not even if three or four people were carrying in that theater. AND THEY MAY HAVE BEEN, would it have made any difference. This isn't Hollywood, it's real life.

Stuff happens. There is no such thing as perfect security. Deal with it.

Your right, it is real life not Hollywood, it feels like getting hit hard with a baseball bat when a bullet resistant vest gets hit... not sure about you, but that pain would throw off my aim! Just a few shots to the chest will show down any one with a vest, then you have a clean shot to the head...

of course you shouldn't shoot blindly in to the dark, but when you can engage the target.

Your right, it is real life not Hollywood, it feels like getting hit hard with a baseball bat when a bullet resistant vest gets hit... not sure about you, but that pain would throw off my aim! Just a few shots to the chest will show down any one with a vest, then you have a clean shot to the head...

of course you shouldn't shoot blindly in to the dark, but when you can engage the target.

You assume that you would have:

A: not already been shot
B: somehow magically overcome tear gas in an enclosed area (We weren't in Basic Training so you must be really tough.)
c: Are able to deploy your weapon WITH ACCURACY in the midst of hundreds of panicked, running people without shooting an innocent.

That's a LOT of assumptions.

I teach defensive firearms for a living. You will find no greater advocate of armed people than I.

But in this particular case, I doubt it would have made much, if any difference.

Stuff happens. That's the way it is. On that same day, your odds of being struck by lightning were significantly greater than those of being injured by this guy.

"If Only" is usually a game for fools. I encourage you not to play it.

I have no doubts that i would be able to empty a magazine of. 380 in and around his head and center of mass before he could locate and acquire me as a target. It may not kill him, but he won't see it coming, and none of these asshats have ever taken a bullet before. They're scared little bubblegums with god complexes. You could probably double-tap him with a 22 and he'd piss himself. If not, well I'll die with an empty magazine, and maybe a couple other people will manage to escape.

Most people that carry use JHP ammo, which has zero penetration through almost any armor. However, an army buddy of mine took a small bullet fragment which barely made a mark on his throat protector, but the force crushed his trachea, tore a major tendon, incapacitated him immediately, and nearly killed him from the collapsed airway. Body armor does not make you Iron Man; Soft spots are still soft. If the center of mass isn't making him flinch, pop him in the groin protector and see if he stays standing.

I think the fact that we even need to have CCW is a sad infringement on 2A rights. The battle between private property (restrictions) and constitutional rights is another area of ambiguity. I believe that the home = castle and the right of the owner to set terms within legal and constitutional parameters, but with businesses / public places, the grey area opens wide. Personally, if it's not a residence, I don't think that limiting any rights is valid. Flame away or agree, it's my opinion.

cheers

Agree completely.

Man, you and I both. I'm new to WA and do have a CPL. I wasn't planning on carrying much until this event and even then it was going to be a 5 shot j frame model 60.

Think I'm going to carry something more substantial now, always. Still don't know if I would be successful challenging a man wearing body armor with a carbine with my Glock 22, sobering thought.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I am in the same boat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews