JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As food for thought, I suggest reading the book "Unintended Consequences". It's scarce and overpriced in hard cover, but I'm pretty sure it's available for download. It's fiction, but an interesting look at similar circumstances that we face now.

Aside from the silly WW2 propaganda it's a pretty good read.. and free PDF format if you know where to look. The FBI tried to ruin John Ross over it, even tried to get his ex wife to somehow fink him out.. but to her credit she refused

The biggest single thing any pro gun rights person can do to stop anti-gun legislation is to take non-shooters, new shooter, anti-gun folks, and just plain curious folks to the range. Put something fun to shoot in their hands with targets they can hit. Let them have fun. Every time I put a 20 round or larger magazine in a new shooters hand and say see how many you can put on the target now there is a smile! After a while they catch on. Patience is the key here and outreach.

+1

I have to agree with Misterbill's overall statement, with one caveat; overall, the political elite couldn't care less about the desires and opinions of the electorate except to the extent they get re-elected.

You keep those emails, letters, and phone calls going! It worked last time, and it may work next time. Exhaust ALL PEACEFUL AND LAWFUL means to make your dissent heard, THEN having failed all else, we can have a different conversation on tactics at that time... just sayin'.

QFT.

Misterbill's post was also very strong.

My direction is to push the idea that most of the firearms control laws are based on bigotry and the groundless prejudice that all firearms owners are evil.

This is not racism, though the original bigotry was against non whites. Now "non white" has been replaced with "firearms owners." Same bigotry.

Also, many laws involve fees or expenses that are intended to make or have the effect of making firearms ownership and carry more expensive. This does not affect the affluent so these are obviously aimed at discriminating against the less affluent.

Discrimination and bigotry. I think we need to really need to be "in your face" about who is wearing the white sheets these days.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top