JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am not optimistic about the use of lead for hunting in Oregon. Emotion not science drives these restrictions. I am stocking up on lead bullets now as I will continue to shoot lead rimfire ammo as long as possible. If they want to confiscate our lead ammunition then I will be glad to "give it to them at high velocity"...........come and takem!

Well I will be using lead in my ammunition at least until the some 4500 bullets I have in boxes waiting to be made in to cartridges gets used up. And that won't be until a very large number of all ready loaded ammo goes bang. Heck all the .22LR I have is made from lead and that fills three 50 cal ammo boxes you do the math LOL

That study California conducted was a crock.
Anything the anti-liberty crowd can do or use to curtail our freedoms, they will do. Using lead restrictions to close hunting isnt new, it has been done elsewhere. And, the last US lead mine was closed down several years ago in Missouri. All lead needs are expected to come from recycling and imports.. Suggest stocking up on lead, even old car batteries!:eek:

Anything the anti-liberty crowd can do or use to curtail our freedoms, they will do. Using lead restrictions to close hunting isnt new, it has been done elsewhere. And, the last US lead mine was closed down several years ago in Missouri. All lead needs are expected to come from recycling and imports.. Suggest stocking up on lead, even old car batteries!:eek:

I did not know that about the mine. I'm restricted to lead in my muzzle loaders, especially for hunting.
If I didn't live in such an urban area I'd cast my own.

Longbeard

I did not know that about the mine. I'm restricted to lead in my muzzle loaders, especially for hunting.
If I didn't live in such an urban area I'd cast my own.

Longbeard
I cast my own on a electric casting pot for .45 revolvers and my 2 .54 hawkins-style.. Im no big BP shooter but like to have them available. Also cast some for .45acp just cuz I can.. prefer to do it outside to keep the lead fumes out of the house and shop area..

I cast my own on a electric casting pot for .45 revolvers and my 2 .54 hawkins-style.. Im no big BP shooter but like to have them available. Also cast some for .45acp just cuz I can.. prefer to do it outside to keep the lead fumes out of the house and shop area..
Unfortunately I live in "Poo-land" , Oregon (there is a homeless druggie living in his van
on the next block over) and if I ever attempted to cast and and pour lead bullets here
I think my neighbors would go into convulsions & call in the Black Helicopters on me.
Hell, they nearly shut down Bullseye Glass & it cost them millions. I just can't afford that-
as soon as I can I'm moving to a remote area on one of the plains states...
LB

In the news this evening is a news story about re-introducing Condors to Oregon:

https://katu.com/news/local/officials-tout-plan-to-bring-california-condors-back-to-pacific-northwes

as in Commiefornia I expect restrictions on lead bullets & lead shot as in Commiefornia. We had
better fight it before it becomes law. I'm already stocking up on copper hunting bullets. Thoughts?

Blessings,
Longbeard
A ludicrous concept . The damn thing was dying out long before California was setlled by Spain or the US. An unnecessary intervention was conceived to save a dying species that cannot compete with the turkey vulture

That study California conducted was a crock.
Absolutely right and its authors proved that by refusing to share their data.
Riddle me this: Why aren't turkey vultures or even coyotes dying from all the lead in the gut piles left by hunters?
There's lots more of them eating lots more gut piles but strangely no masses of lead poisoned vultures (or coyotes).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top