JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been tempted to try it too. Just haven't done it yet. Of the experimental things you can do, I think this one is less risky than say the stuff Taofledermaus, Iraqveteran8888 or some other YTers do.

The problem with these kinda videos is some knucklehead " wont " take the precaution as was done in these videos and will either harm or destroy the barrel from shrapnel , or get hurt from debris.
The velocity they are stating does give allot of room for something to go wrong.

The problem with these kinda videos is some knucklehead " wont " take the precaution as was done in these videos and will either harm or destroy the barrel from shrapnel , or get hurt from debris.
The velocity they are stating does give allot of room for something to go wrong.

That's not a problem with the video, that's the problem with knuckleheads.

BTW - the only advantage to this would be the high velocity.
Blanks and pellets are not cheap.

Also, anyone have a recommended powder charge? They come in 1,2,3 & 4 to indicate nail depth (power) i bought a box of the #2's as a starting point.

One more thing, I wouldn't use these in a simi-auto or anything a bit older just in case...

In a "no ammo at all situation" the best firearm for this goofus trick would have to be a revolver. IMHO.

PS: No plans to try it here, but I do have nail gun blanks already. Humm, a box of .22 pellets seal a mealed to minimize oxidation couldn't hurt.

Last Edited:
I think 2 is plenty for a test. I wouldn't go above 3 myself in this application. One of the videos I saw on this showed the pellet skirts being separated from the head with the really high charge.

Really just for fun, not much practical application here unless you simply can't get .22 ammo.

I'd stick with a decent bolt gun myself if I do try it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top