JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Google just sent me a feedback survey haha. This will be fun.

Screenshot_20200117-070551_Gmail.jpg

The day Paypal purged conservatives was the last day my amount was open.

They lost 1.2 million customers that day.

Put your beliefs where your money is.
Sadly there is only so much of that one can do. The Cable Co's, phone Co's and a lot of other Co's feel the same way. Not that those of us who care should not try to deal with those who think like we do. If there was some pro rights Co that started up that did what PayPal does I would love to deal with them. Since I have not yet found one I still use PP for a very few things, like the money I use to support this group.

Well crap. That is a good idea. Lesson learned I guess. Never worried about it because I have never had an issue on NWFA, but we seem to be getting more popular...

"Feedback" man! And spidy senses. Sometime it pays to be computer illiterate I guess. I'd do wiring money, paying from an account on large amounts only, through the bank and credit card anything else. I don't even know what "Google Pay" is or why it would be needed? You still have to have a card, right? Just use the card. If they don't take a card, screw 'em!

"Feedback" man! And spidy senses. Sometime it pays to be computer illiterate I guess. I'd do wiring money, paying from an account on large amounts only, through the bank and credit card anything else. I don't even know what "Google Pay" is or why it would be needed? You still have to have a card, right? Just use the card. If they don't take a card, screw 'em!

Some new people don't have feedback. Luckiky my last transaction worked out great.

Some new people don't have feedback. Luckiky my last transaction worked out great.
Oh, I realize that. I had no feedback once. Point is, feedback comes with time. Stat small. If you're flake, or shyster, that will come out with small face to face sales over a period of time. As time goes by and you end up with a bunch of glowing feedback, that's when you can trust a person more. Being able to read people, being good with communication adds to becoming a trusted member.

Man that's effing B.S. Sorry to here
any of our brothers live up that way can set up a meeting with seller and involve the local sheriff maybe get some sort of payback

Man that's effing B.S. Sorry to here
any of our brothers live up that way can set up a meeting with seller and involve the local sheriff maybe get some sort of payback

I plan to go to my bank Monday afternoon. If they are able to replace the stolen funds, then I would assume they will pursue legal action against the individual. With a few more resources than I have, I assume it wouldn't be difficult to track them down.

I plan to go to my bank Monday afternoon. If they are able to replace the stolen funds, then I would assume they will pursue legal action against the individual. With a few more resources than I have, I assume it wouldn't be difficult to track them down.
Or at least sieze the stolen money and shut down any accounts involved. Unfortunately the person is almost certainly not in the U.S. and will open another account immediately if they don't already have several.

Unfortunately PayPal is no better. Gun related stuff is treated identically.

Only way to try and fix it is through your bank. Take the information you have to the branch and sit down with a rep. They usually clear it up.

I did this once for a significant amount of money through PayPal. PayPal said I was in the wrong and refused to fix it. I went to my bank. They reversed the charges. PayPal locked my account. Haven't used them since.

Now I only use Apple Pay. As it's all I can. Thankfully I have good feedback too, so if you are buying something from me and I request payment via Apple, at least there is that.

In the case of the original post, even a money order wouldn't have saved the situation. Scammers get away with a lot because lack of enforcement on smaller online $ amounts.

Best of luck and I hope at least your bank clears it up.
While PayPal is "mostly" clear about what they won't cover, it is only specific about firearms and ammunition. Accessories appear to be a grey area, although I no longer am willing to take the risk. I've bought some things from people on Armslist and have gotten lucky. I always offer to pay the extra fee for good/services and did everything I could research-wise to make sure I wasn't getting into a scam. I always asked more pictures and very specific ones that a scammer couldn't reasonably get if they didn't have the item. The last one I feel I got really lucky on was a $200 Aimpoint CompM2. Part of me was thinking I'd not see the shipment and low and behold it showed up a few days later.

Private party firearm accessories could be a booming online market if entities like PayPal weren't so anti-2A. I guess unless someday an escrow service pops up that is run by pro-2A advocates, I won't be taking the risk anymore.

One of my best friends was a high up for a well known bank and they have insurance to cover scams and id theft and sadly they dont prosecute as the insurance is cheaper than trying to persue the thieves, aka why its so prevalent

Any resolution?
Unlikely they will pursue anything. Not worth their time and it will be written off like somebody who's fraudulently steals an ATM or credit card and buys stuff. It's a write off.

Any resolution?
Unlikely they will pursue anything. Not worth their time and it will be written off like somebody who's fraudulently steals an ATM or credit card and buys stuff. It's a write off.

Not yet. Between catching the plague and working long hours, I haven't been able to make it yet. Hoping I can stop in after work tomorrow.

I am gathering that as well, wish they would pursue it but just want my money back at this moment in time.

Just got back from the bank...not sounding promising. The rep said it is likely they wouldn't be able to contest it because I sent the money willingly. Regardless, he said I could try and gave me the forms. I will be dropping the forms in the mail tonight.

Go to the police and file a complaint for theft. Some police dept are good about this, no idea what it is like where you are. Also sue in small claims if nothing else.

If you are smart you will remove anything Google from your life ASAP. A good start is to designate DuckDuckGo as your internet browser.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top