JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Go to the police and file a complaint for theft. Some police dept are good about this, no idea what it is like where you are. Also sue in small claims if nothing else.
I will wait to hear back from the bank (they should cover it, in my opinion) and proceed from there. Not worth my time or money to sue one of the biggest corporations in the world over $185.

If you are smart you will remove anything Google from your life ASAP. A good start is to designate DuckDuckGo as your internet browser.
Already working on this, believe it or not.

Just got back from the bank...not sounding promising. The rep said it is likely they wouldn't be able to contest it because I sent the money willingly. Regardless, he said I could try and gave me the forms. I will be dropping the forms in the mail tonight.
Don't understand the bank rep's response at ALL! It sounds like they were trying to stonewall you. It's simple: Of course you authorized a payment!
You were purchasing something in good faith -- the product wasn't delivered -- ergo: the sale is invalid and you are now cancelling the payment.
Don't know what brand CC you're using but my cards give a 90 day period to contest a transaction.
Suggest you talk to the rep's supervisor or the branch manager. You shouldn't be having to jump through hoops like this! Good luck!!

Don't understand the bank rep's response at ALL! It sounds like they were trying to stonewall you. It's simple: Of course you authorized a payment!
You were purchasing something in good faith -- the product wasn't delivered -- ergo: the sale is invalid and you are now cancelling the payment.
Don't know what brand CC you're using but my cards give a 90 day period to contest a transaction.
Suggest you talk to the rep's supervisor or the branch manager. You shouldn't be having to jump through hoops like this! Good luck!!
The problem here was NOT using a credit card. Credit Cards in the US offer fantastic protections because the banks who issue them have to comply with the terms set out by the Co's. This is also why so many scams don't take Credit Cards, they want you to use some other form of payment, like happened here.

I refuse to log into google ever again. Sucks because Dish Network now uses google for voice commands. Google is also trying to horn in on medical accounts/issues. Screw google.

Why no USPS MO's? Done several that way, Gunboards, AKFiles.

Sorry this happened.

If on Armslist I do FTF only.
If on Gunbroker I do CC only.
No USPO money orders to strangers.

The CC companies will step in and go to bat for you should you be faced with a bad transaction.
Use a CC for online sales every chance you get.

Why no USPS MO's? Done several that way, Gunboards, AKFiles.
A lot of people still use the PMO. A few of them get burned badly and find out the hard way they should not have done so. It's adding a lot of risk. May get away with it for a long time but, you are leaving yourself wide open to be taken. Simple search will bring up how this works and the risks to you.

A lot of people still use the PMO. A few of them get burned badly and find out the hard way they should not have done so. It's adding a lot of risk. May get away with it for a long time but, you are leaving yourself wide open to be taken. Simple search will bring up how this works and the risks to you.

Well I googled (lol) usps money order scam" and of course there's lots of info about Nigerian "please deposit and send money" old people scams, and sellers getting counterfeit mo's ... bit I didn't see anything about buyers getting scammed. Can you elaborate?

Believe it or not it appears that gunplumber recently got scammed somehow on the FALFiles. He was trying the buy something I think.

I will wait to hear back from the bank (they should cover it, in my opinion) and proceed from there. Not worth my time or money to sue one of the biggest corporations in the world over $185.

Already working on this, believe it or not.
I refuse to log into google ever again. Sucks because Dish Network now uses google for voice commands. Google is also trying to horn in on medical accounts/issues. Screw google.
You should see the latest EULA from Google Maps. I remember thinking they have basically said they will sell just about any information they can suck out of your device.

Well I googled (lol) usps money order scam" and of course there's lots of info about Nigerian "please deposit and send money" old people scams, and sellers getting counterfeit mo's ... bit I didn't see anything about buyers getting scammed. Can you elaborate?

Believe it or not it appears that gunplumber recently got scammed somehow on the FALFiles. He was trying the buy something I think.
Sadly if anyone sends someone a PMO and does not get what they paid for they are then left to "hope" the sale was legit. If it was they have some hope. If the seller just cashes the MO and then takes off the only recourse the loser has is the law. Trying to file against someone like this is an uphill battle and then some. A lot of people who advertise on the auction only take payment this way so there has to be a lot of people getting what they paid for. It's not for me. The seller may even try to do right. Ship item and shipper loses it. If that happens the seller does not have to do anything for you. They can tell you contact the shipper and deal with them. Talk to people who have had to do this and it's often a HUGE PITA. So for me? Credit card only. If for any reason I do not get what I paid for, and can not get made whole, I can just get all my money back. So everyone has to decide how much risk they are comfortable with. I have used my CC as a checking account for decades.

You should see the latest EULA from Google Maps. I remember thinking they have basically said they will sell just about any information they can suck out of your device.
This is why the OS is free. They sell the info they get instead of selling the OS. I have heard Apple is far better at not doing this if people are willing to pay.

Last Edited:
Quick update for those interested.

Never did hear back from the bank after sending the forms in, however, I did receive a reimbursement for the total amount I lost in my account today. Nice to know there is still SOMEONE looking out for the average Joe.

Quick update for those interested.

Never did hear back from the bank after sending the forms in, however, I did receive a reimbursement for the total amount I lost in my account today. Nice to know there is still SOMEONE looking out for the average Joe.
Does "dude" have a physical address? Bothell to Bellevue is not all that far and "dude" made the bank (all of us) pay for his theft. I'd be banging on a door. Staking him out. Return the favor.

Does "dude" have a physical address? Bothell to Bellevue is not all that far and "dude" made the bank (all of us) pay for his theft. I'd be banging on a door. Staking him out. Return the favor.

Negative, I doubt they were local - from what I have surmised, they run these scams out of state or even out of country. Too dangerous for them to operate locally.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top