JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been a member of this forum for about 8 months and I often post treads and also buy and sell gear. I often see that some forum members leave their email address and/or phone number in a public tread. That is a big NO NO. Scammers are also active on this forum, so leaving your personal information in a public domain puts you at risk of being targeted by scammers. Personal information should only be shared through PMs.

Cheers,

Dan

I have heard of some anal orifices reporting them as stolen and other stupid stuff like that, including using the serial # on other sale sites?

But for guns for which there is no "paper", it is better to not even acknowledge ownership, much less photos with serial #s.
Thanks for the advise. It is always good to learn new things. I won't anymore show serial numbers.

I have been a member of this forum for about 8 months and I often post treads and also buy and sell gear. I often see that some forum members leave their email address and/or phone number in a public tread. That is a big NO NO. Scammers are also active on this forum, so leaving your personal information in a public domain puts you at risk of being targeted by scammers. Personal information should only be shared through PMs.

Cheers,

Dan
Excellent reminder. Also please be aware there are multiple scams out there (and they r growing) where the seller wants to "verify u are a real person" so they will text you a Google code and if you respond with that code apparently they gain control of all your Google related accounts. Watch out for that one! There are one or more scammers running that one multiple times a day on Portland Craigslist right now.

Excellent reminder. Also please be aware there are multiple scams out there (and they r growing) where the seller wants to "verify u are a real person" so they will text you a Google code and if you respond with that code apparently they gain control of all your Google related accounts. Watch out for that one!
They also text you fishing downloads in order to take over your phone.

If you think you may have posted your email or phone number publicly and want to make sure you deleted it, just do a search for your address/number and see if it comes up. If it does, edit the post to remove it.

Well if you put any personal info online it's probably already in the wrong hands.
Have a smart phone, your already screwed. Some people conduct their entire life on their devices.

One swipe and their life is gone.

It always makes me laugh when I hear people posting about the boogie man online BEWARE!!!!
But they are using a smart phone and or social media.
Too late.

Heck I had unemployment last year and got a notification that hacker stole all my info as well as millions of others.
Name, company, email, ssn, bank account info.
All of it

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top