Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Do-it-yourself Rocket Stove

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by ATCclears, Oct 11, 2012.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

2. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I have been researching these for a while and there are so many ways to make one. All of them seem to work great.
    Big bean can and a small soup can,small garbage can and a big bean can

I'm going to make a couple here,pretty soon. Now that it's cooling off,I don't mind welding.
    Ridiculous how much less fuel they need.
    Thanks for the link

[video=youtube;_-BQMpaW-E0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-BQMpaW-E0[/video]

Just make these with any size cans,barrels you have room or need for.I'll be using 6" tubing and a 3" fire tube.

3. Trainman82

Trainman82 Salem, OR New Member

I built a cheap 5 gallon stove. Just be careful burning galvanized pipe can be hazardous. I have a tall skinny 18 gal drum I'm gonna use for the next one I build. I'd like to make it self-feeding by angling the fuel passage. Maybe also add an ash clean out/ air feed on the opposite side.

They are very handy I was able to boil 1 gallon of water in less than a half hour using an 8 in long 2x4 cut into kindling.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Angle feed is the chit man,but a vent on the other side will burn the wood too fast I would presume. Not to mention if a wind pushed the air through both holes,there goes your heat.
    Hey you can always weld it shut,make a door.