JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys.

I've been kicking this around forever with different guns I've had but I recently picked up the cz scorpion evo. I'm strongly debating SBRing it by making a trust. My question is I really don't want to be on "some list" now I've Heard it said your already on a list ect. But are there any cons to going SBR? any help/guidance is appreciated

I think you can't let others shoot it and you can't travel across state lines. Also, it's now a rifle and cannot be transported loaded in your vehicle, or concealed on your body...

Rifles can be loaded and transported legally inside a vehicle in Oregon. The rifle can even be concealed in the vehicle. It does not have to be out in the open.

There is no problem in Oregon with having a fully loaded AR-15 in your car for self-defense.

Is Washington law different?

really? Thanks for clarifying. In WA it's a no no ... small exception, if you are a disabled hunter, you can while hunting

What? Anyone can shoot it. You just can't "transfer" it into someone else's "possession." Borrow it while shooting on the range? Totally OK. Borrow it and keep it at their house? Not OK. But where exactly the line is drawn is anyone's guess... you'd have to look at some case law.

.300 Blackout is a good case in point for doing an SBR.
It really performs best with an 8" to 10" barrel and coupled with a quality suppressor.
Paying the extra $200.00 for a tax stamp just to shoot a short barreled rifle doesn't make much sense to me since you already own one in a pistol configuration and you can attach a Sig brace for less money.

Owning an SBR is kinda like getting married.
Do you really love that CZ Scorpion Evo enough to set up a gun trust, engrave your name on it, pay the $200.00 tax stamp, wait three months and then find out that it's not worth all the hassle to divorce yourself from it down the road for something else that grabs your interest.

Hey guys.

I've been kicking this around forever with different guns I've had but I recently picked up the cz scorpion evo. I'm strongly debating SBRing it by making a trust. My question is I really don't want to be on "some list" now I've Heard it said your already on a list ect. But are there any cons to going SBR? any help/guidance is appreciated

I' was in the same boat for a very very long time, and even built a AR pistol to scratch the itch. I have a trust and finially ended up pulling the trigger and did the 5.56 sbr 11". In my honest honest honest honest opinion, I would have probably went with a tavor instead because it's a stamp free SBR as its a bullpub design or I would have went with the black out instead of 5.56. I don't regret a thing and it is bad bubblegum, but that's just my 2 cents.... Good luck

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top